65 Chrysler headliner repair

mopar440

Reaction score
65 New Yorker wagon, one panel has separated. Looks like they are just glued to the chrome bows, on a very narrow channel.

To repair, do you just be careful, and glue it back on the bow, or do you move that bow around?

IMG_20200414_141344792.jpg

IMG_20200414_141402451.jpg

I have a 65 new yorker wagon. My headliner was redone and looks ok. I can take pics next week and send. The redo on mine is not the pressed perforated stock. Not sure if anyone reproduces that

I have a 65 new yorker wagon. My headliner was redone and looks ok. I can take pics next week and send. The redo on mine is not the pressed perforated stock. Not sure if anyone reproduces that
I'm hoping I can just secure this back up, rest is pretty good condition

No one reproduces it. I'd be interested to know how you deal with the repair/repositioning, as I don't think they're glued, just held up there by the bows and friction. The bows have to be positioned to keep the panels tight in the channels, or they'll fall.

No one reproduces it. I'd be interested to know how you deal with the repair/repositioning, as I don't think they're glued, just held up there by the bows and friction. The bows have to be positioned to keep the panels tight in the channels, or they'll fall.
That's what I'm trying to figure out, I think you might be right, it's kinda of a pressure fit, but I don't know for sure yet. Very small edge to glue to

With time, the board has probably shrunk a bit, which caused the detachment from the bow?

See if you can push it forward to re-engage with the bow AND hope that it hasn't deformed too much, re-indexing with the bow properly. Then worry about the back of that panel, hopefully with some "stock" to fill the gap?

Just a thought,
CBODY67

Looked like the board in front did buckle a little. Maybe hitting it with steam would fix it? I decided to hit the edge with expoxy. When dry, I'll expoxy the whole edge. Might put up a chrome strip to hide it, it's stained anyway ( pic not loading, I'll put one up later)

Back