65 Corvette sitting in the woods

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Have you ever ? Well I have & here’s the video to prove it. Subscribe to my channel as I have a lot more cool stuff coming. And some new things I’m working on to take this show to the next level. Enjoy the video folks.

Looks like it was parted out long ago. That trans doesn't look like a powerglide, at least not a factory one. That's definitely an odd car to have rotting away in the woods. I'm sure some vette guy would be willing to restore it. :rofl:

Looks like it was parted out long ago. That trans doesn't look like a powerglide, at least not a factory one. That's definitely an odd car to have rotting away in the woods. I'm sure some vette guy would be willing to restore it. :rofl:
Yep it probably could have been restore & maybe still can. I wonder where the original engine is

Good lord, how'd you even identify it? If it was on my property, it would have been loaded on my truck as a pile of metal trash and thrown into county recycling.

Good lord, how'd you even identify it? If it was on my property, it would have been loaded on my truck as a pile of metal trash and thrown into county recycling.
When the property owner & I walked up to it he asked me if I could tell what it was. I knew right away it was a second gen Vette. The door was a dead give away.

What difference would that make Bob? 350s from the General are like ?????? Belly Buttonz. Another body indent came to mind but I chose to keep it clean HO HO HO, Jer

In the Corvette restoration world the original, "born-with" engine is gold, and worth thousands above a replacement. A correct date coded engine will suffice if the original is long gone, but at a deduction. In C1, C2 and C3 cars a crate or late model engine will condemn the owner to the outskirts of Corvette society.

In all seriousness, if the above pile of Vette would turn out to be an original big block car, it'd be worth some money. If it's a big block car with it's original 427, it's probably a $5,000 pile as it sits. (Which is just crazy in my opinion)
Of course that's most likely not the case here and this is most likely just a standard, 327 automatic car that's not worth anything as it sits.

You really need to know a Vette guy to see how crazy they can be about numbers and date codes. I grew up with my dad being a Vette guy. I know more about C3 and earlier cars that I'll ever need to. He has finally broadened his car horizon as he realizes he's getting old and those small squeaky Corvettes just aren't friendly to old bones.

In the Corvette restoration world the original, "born-with" engine is gold, and worth thousands above a replacement. A correct date coded engine will suffice if the original is long gone, but at a deduction. In C1, C2 and C3 cars a crate or late model engine will condemn the owner to the outskirts of Corvette society.

In all seriousness, if the above pile of Vette would turn out to be an original big block car, it'd be worth some money. If it's a big block car with it's original 427, it's probably a $5,000 pile as it sits. (Which is just crazy in my opinion)
Of course that's most likely not the case here and this is most likely just a standard, 327 automatic car that's not worth anything as it sits.

You really need to know a Vette guy to see how crazy they can be about numbers and date codes. I grew up with my dad being a Vette guy. I know more about C3 and earlier cars that I'll ever need to. He has finally broadened his car horizon as he realizes he's getting old and those small squeaky Corvettes just aren't friendly to old bones.
With all due respect to your Dad BBC, The reputation of the quirks of most all Vet folks precedes them. I understand it even drove our friend Commando1 out of that part of the hobby? I think some of that crowd didn't like that he swapped out hiz lug nutz and got chastised for doing so, Jer

Yeah, they are a pretentious set. I like to call 'em *** holes. Since my dad has gotten into old Fords, he now sees the my-****-don't-stink attitudes of the typical Vette guy that I've been telling him about all these years. :rolleyes:

Personally I like the cars for what they are, just not the crowd.

Yeah, they are a pretentious set. I like to call 'em *** holes. Since my dad has gotten into old Fords, he now sees the my-****-don't-stink attitudes of the typical Vette guy that I've been telling him about all these years. :rolleyes:

Personally I like the cars for what they are, just not the crowd.
And they keep breeding like rabbits. You do know that Chryslers At Carlisle came into being because of the No post war iron on the premises attitude of the UMUM Gentleman That run Hershey don't you? It's a well known story and I think those gentleman have finally realized how badly they've shot themselves in the foot over and over, Jer

What difference would that make Bob? 350s from the General are like ?????? Belly Buttonz. Another body indent came to mind but I chose to keep it clean HO HO HO, Jer
65 would be a 327 I think & like most other cars having the original engine with all the proper dates seems to click with folks

You have a more discerning eye. Looks like a pile of trash to me.
Haha I have been looking at woods finds for decades. The pine straw & leaves offer a good camouflaged but I usually can still tell what I’m looking at. I’ll have a 66 Belvedere vert coming up soon. I pulled a few parts from it after a raked away a bunch of leaves covering the engine.

And they keep breeding like rabbits. You do know that Chryslers At Carlisle came into being because of the No post war iron on the premises attitude of the UMUM Gentleman That run Hershey don't you? It's a well known story and I think those gentleman have finally realized how badly they've shot themselves in the foot over and over, Jer
Not too much familiar with the car show beginnings but I have heard that. The same can be said for Hot Rod magazine. They went WAY to SBC crazy & the Ford & MOPAR guys left & along came mags specific to those brands. I canceled my HR subscription back about 81 or so & never looked back as I just became fed up with every issue having major Chevy content. Enough was enough

You do know that Chryslers At Carlisle came into being because of the No post war iron on the premises attitude of the UMUM Gentleman That run Hershey don't you?

I had heard something along those line but don't know the story.

65 would be a 327 I think

Yes. all C2 63-67 small block cars were 327s (250hp up to the 375hp "fulie"). 66 & 67 had a 427 offering in a few different trim levels. 68 small block cars were still 327, 69 went to 350.

I canceled my HR subscription back about 81 or so & never looked back as I just became fed up with every issue having major Chevy content. Enough was enough

They seem to have learned a lesson as they cover Ford and MoPar fairly well now. They've had some decent stuff on the gen III Hemi lately with Holley getting behind them.

I had heard something along those line but don't know the story.

You can thank Geoff Turk for that. Owner/Driver of the Blackbird Challenger is the COO of Holley & he’s a Mopar man. Super nice guy too.

Yes. all C2 63-67 small block cars were 327s (250hp up to the 375hp "fulie"). 66 & 67 had a 427 offering in a few different trim levels. 68 small block cars were still 327, 69 went to 350.

They seem to have learned a lesson as they cover Ford and MoPar fairly well now. They've had some decent stuff on the gen III Hemi lately with Holley getting behind them.

I owned a C4 LT1 for a bit over a year. Fun car, but every little pecker on the street wanted to race me...in a bone-stock,300hp '95 LT1 with 159K miles. Got old. Plus, getting in and out was just painful. My midlife thing came and went quickly.

I attended one meeting of one of the three local Corvette clubs. Most pretend C4 cars don't exist. Bunch of pretentious fucks. Don't need their pompousness and overall snobbery. It was a fun car to drive, I'll give it that.

20191012_172529.jpg

20190622_102415.jpg

Back