65 fan shroud question.....

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of a correct 65 C-body fan shroud for a 22" radiator...and what the mounting brackets look like. I have one for my 65 B-body but the parts book shows a different number for the C-body.

I'm guessing that it is a 2 piece, (upper and lower metal shroud), but not sure. :icon_rolleyes:

Thanks for any help.

Will.

Hi Will

I have to dig, but I think I do. I may have a rad here with it on it too. The cars in storage. I'll try to remember this weekend, I have to go to the storage locker anyway. Nag me if I forget

fan shroud on a 65 New Yorker

The stock one for a 413 w/AC, four row core is a 2 piece. There is a bracket that is on both sides of the radiator: facing the engine, there are three studs on each side, the two halves overlap, and are nutted on. The left side has the studs facing left and the right side has the studs facing back. Attached is a picture of both sides. The battery is hiding the radiator to bracket bolts but it is the same as the other side.

3-11-2011 10-38-01 PM.jpg

3-11-2011 10-40-13 PM.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 65 Coronet with a 1968 440 but it has a 1965 "C" body radiator. I'm looking for a shroud and it seems the one pictured for the 413 is what I would need as my radiator brackets have two rectangular holes on each side, half way up the core, and spaced about 4" apart. The shroud pictured seems to be mounted that way? However the holes do not have captive nuts in them so I don't know how you would fasten the shroud to the radiator?

Thanks......

Great pictures and description, very helpful. Thanks.

The stock one for a 413 w/AC, four row core is a 2 piece. There is a bracket that is on both sides of the radiator: facing the engine, there are three studs on each side, the two halves overlap, and are nutted on. The left side has the studs facing left and the right side has the studs facing back. Attached is a picture of both sides. The battery is hiding the radiator to bracket bolts but it is the same as the other side.

Check out my shroud pix in the Cooling thread..... I may have the shroud you need (needed?)

We need more old ones resurrected. Still a lot of unanswered questions out there in The Naked City.

We need more old ones resurrected. Still a lot of unanswered questions out there in The Naked City.

Ya, what about that thread about that guy that still needs a 1978 Ny'er wiper cam PN# 3799183?

:sHa_dielaughing2:

Yah. And that knucklehead who hasn't followed through yet on his complete A/C conversion.........

Back