65 Fury 3 Hood Assembly - Help

FuryNYC

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a 1965 Plymouth Fury 3, 318 V8.

I recently replaced the battery, spark plugs, spark plug wires, dist cap + rotor, + added a holley open air filter, all fluid levels are topped off and an oil change + coolant flush is up next.

I am having some issues with the hood, I re positioned the locking latch and now it locks tightly, however when opening the hood, i am not sure how it props open, there are 2 metal rods extending to both sides of the hood, but how does this assembly work?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Don't know if you still need an answer on this, but I can send you pics of my 66 fury III hood attachment to show how those rods attach to create the torsion springs that keep the hood open. Let me know if you need more than the attached image.
IMG_20130324_124619_083.jpg

Rob

IMG_20130324_124619_083.jpg

Hi Ryan,

Don't know if you still need an answer on this, but I can send you pics of my 66 fury III hood attachment to show how those rods attach to create the torsion springs that keep the hood open. Let me know if you need more than the attached image.
View attachment 9940

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you very much for reaching out to me and helping!

I have the two rods, but they are very slack and loose when connecting to the hood hinge, is there a spring or something somewhere? some more pictures of various parts of the mechanism would be helpful, also the other side of the hood hinge too.

Thanks again!

Ryan

The rods are the "spring" they are torsion bars. I haven't had a 60's era C body in 20 years so I'll defer to current owners on the adjustment...but it sounds like adjustment is all that's needed.

If the springs are loose, then you might want to check how the ends of the rods are positioned. I hope this pic comes through. It's a real tough spot to photograph.
IMG_20130330_163342_136.jpg

IMG_20130330_163342_136.jpg

Last edited:
Back