65 fury gas tank question

Shorty65

Reaction score
hey everyone in restoring a 1965 Plymouth sport fury. I’ve ran new fuel lines the problem I’m having is finding a new filler neck to the gas tank. The one on the car come down 90s and goes to the tank but it’s broke in two pieces. I’m trying to find a replacement but can’t seem to have any luck.

Used is your only hope. Have you tried Murray Park? Your old one can be repaired if you can’t find a good used one.

You'll have to either have that one repaired or a new one made. Some have used fittings from "Pypes" or "Magna Flow" to fabricate their new filler being mindful to cut the to cap mount and weld it on the new filler. You can buy straights and all angles of elbows in steel or stainless and have them welded. The vent tube that runs along side the filler can be done at the same time.

Van's Auto in Wisconsin started selling reproductions of gas tanks for the 65 Plymouth along with senders, necks, etc. I purchased one and it is in my garage waiting to be put on. They should have what you need and I would recommend calling. The link is:

https://vansauto.com/?s=fuel+tank&pa_body-type=&post_type=product

The number is 920-324-2481 and they are very helpful. Should solve your problem!

There is a yard off I-5 north of Sacramento, CA that has many C-bodies I was told (never been). A filler neck would be cheap to mail and a CA one should be rust-free. A yard north of Phoenix (Black Rock Canyon?) had many C-bodies (pricing can be aggressive). But, that new one at Vans is only $70. If like my Newport, there is no vent tube at the rear filler neck (unlike A bodies). I recently replaced the fuel tank w/ a CR9 (for ~1968 B-body) and fit fine as others posted. I recall a vent tube connects at the front of the tank. I ran a new 3/8" fuel tube and used the original 5/16" tube for return, thru a 1/4" vent tube in the new sender. That is so I can used EFI.

Back