65 fury insrument problems.

dave

Reaction score
I have a 65 sport fury. The gas gauge is fluctuating. After start up it takes 10 or so seconds to register. It will show a reading then go to empty. It will stay there for a few seconds and then show a different reading. It just goes up and down all the time. The temp gauge when hooked to sensor will go strait to high reading. I know the gauges are good because I had them tested. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Make sure there is a ground on the fuel sending unit in the tank. That can definately cause this problem with the fuel gauge and make sure that you have a good solid connection on the temp sensor. I would also loosen and retighten the temp sending unit to make sure that it has good ground through the threads.

Another possibility is the voltage limiter in the dash yes/no?

Last edited:
Thanks for your answers. It is a new sending unit and a voltage regulator. Chased wire to temp sensor and no breaks in wire to send it to ground. Temp sensor works as it should. Will check ground on tank and wire for sending unit. What is voltage limiter? Is it on the back of gauge pack that looks like a points condenser. I change it with a used one from another unit. Maby it is bad also. Will try to find a new one. Thanks ,Dave.

Back