65 Fury trim question

my understanding is that the lights and trim are the same between the Sport and a III. Wagons are completely different. The decklid between Sport/III and I/II are also different. The trim around the rear taillights are a pain to find. Trying to find ones that aren't all dented to hell is about impossible. I know I keep trying to find them. It also took about 6 months or more to find a good decklid. I like the look of the 65 over 66. But some of the 65 parts are hard to find. Also there are a good deal of parts (mechanical) that are 65 only. The center console is the same as a 64 Fury.

best of luck finding parts.

Thank you very much. I kinda figured that was the right answer but wanted to ask the smart people on here. I have found quite a bit of parts that I have been needing but there are a couple that are like you said impossible. But my wife can seem to find anything and then I have to pay for them! LOL.

I just got my right hand u shaped trim from Washington state for $130. That trim you are seeing on Ebag has a different part number,the part numbers you are looking for is trim moulding 2584532 and 533. There is a nice lady in NC that probably has it. Her name is Mrs. Peedin at Billy Peedin's garage (919) 965-5405.

I just got my right hand u shaped trim from Washington state for $130. That trim you are seeing on Ebag has a different part number,the part numbers you are looking for is trim moulding 2584532 and 533. There is a nice lady in NC that probably has it. Her name is Mrs. Peedin at Billy Peedin's garage (919) 965-5405.

That is awesome! thank you so much. I don't have a parts manual or even a beat up piece to get those numbers from and want to make sure for the money its going to take to get what I need its the right parts! Thanks again for all of your info everyone! You are all class act!

The whole it must be a wife thing must be an every wife thing. Mine searched hi-n-low for decklid for my 65 and she found one. Mine was rotted out along one of the inner edges. You wouldnt know it to look at it though. She also found a complete 6.1 including wiring harness for 2500. She's found all kinds of stuff for my cars and hers. Whatever I need she can find. Although I've gotten a few amazing finds myself.

Keep posting what you're doing to yours as I love to see what others are doing with 65's. My build thread is out there. But hasn't had anything done to it in a while.

The whole it must be a wife thing must be an every wife thing. Mine searched hi-n-low for decklid for my 65 and she found one. Mine was rotted out along one of the inner edges. You wouldnt know it to look at it though. She also found a complete 6.1 including wiring harness for 2500. She's found all kinds of stuff for my cars and hers. Whatever I need she can find. Although I've gotten a few amazing finds myself.

Keep posting what you're doing to yours as I love to see what others are doing with 65's. My build thread is out there. But hasn't had anything done to it in a while.

Yeah last night she gets home and tells me she found another grill and head light trim as well as another bumper! LOL. So waiting to see if we end up getting those. I have found someone paring out an entire 65 sport but can't get them to respond even with an F off or anything. Can't stand that crap. I would buy the whole car and tear it down and put the whole thing in the attic until someone needed something. My wife has deemed that if it will fit a 65 sport and its for sale at a good price she is going to buy it. We will stock pile parts until we need them or someone needs them! Its getting way to hard to find so much of this stuff. I wouldn't mind being a hub for the go to source on these parts.

Yeah last night she gets home and tells me she found another grill and head light trim as well as another bumper! LOL. So waiting to see if we end up getting those. I have found someone paring out an entire 65 sport but can't get them to respond even with an F off or anything. Can't stand that crap. I would buy the whole car and tear it down and put the whole thing in the attic until someone needed something. My wife has deemed that if it will fit a 65 sport and its for sale at a good price she is going to buy it. We will stock pile parts until we need them or someone needs them! Its getting way to hard to find so much of this stuff. I wouldn't mind being a hub for the go to source on these parts.

I have a grille and headlight trim if you need it. The actual headlight bezels, not the eyebrows.

Back