65 fury wagon gas tank?

RCB

Reaction score
So, as far as I can tell there are no gas tanks available via after market. Anyone had one modded to fit? Fuel cell? What have other people done?

Do you have the original? If so have it repaired and sealed. If not, try Murray Park.
No, I don't believe it is in the car. I will be going back this weekend, but I'm fairly certain it's gone.

I have a 65-68 wagon tank that needs repair. I will take a good look at it tomorrow.

Due to the obsolete nature of the wagon fuel tanks I would have a rusty original repaired at a shop...then have it pressure tested and possibly coated/sealed.

Here is the tank is have. It's been patched and has a couple of pin holes on the bottom. Not perfect but repairable. $50 plus shipping if you're interested.
20170116_135652.jpg
20170116_135642.jpg
20170116_135726.jpg
20170116_135742.jpg

Here is the tank is have. It's been patched and has a couple of pin holes on the bottom. Not perfect but repairable. $50 plus shipping if you're interested.
View attachment 112512 View attachment 112513 View attachment 112514 View attachment 112515
Nice! Well lm going back this weekend with a clearer mind and look deeper. Assuming I buy it (most likely) and it is indeed missing the tank I will buy yours and arrange shipping. I will let you know this weekend. Many thanks!

You'll need to find a wagon specific fuel sending unit as well. Might be able to make an after market one work if you really had too. ;)

My... they do make it challenging. Usually at least the wagons and crew cabs :) share most parts. A fuel sender I wouldn't have guessed would have been different. Looks like the tank is a bit deeper than many is the reason I would guess.

Chris's second pic is the orientation of the tank once installed. The sending unit goes in the side of the tank, towards the drivers side rear wheel opening. The flat-ish section to the top RH of the tank in the pic is where the sender will go.

Back