65 manual window regulators

Senator Leahy

Reaction score
Are the manual window regulators in the early 60s mopars able to be rebuilt or fixed? The driver side front won't roll down. If not does anyone out there in mopar land have one? Thanks guys.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would be surprised if any window regulators were (easily) rebuildable. The biggest issue would be getting the replacement parts. Window glass differs between the years but the regulators may be the same. If it is dead spot in the gearing, you may be able to weld it up and file it into shape. Lot of work involved with that, maybe someone on the site has a good one for sale.

The driver side front won't roll down.
I had the same problem in my '66. After removing the regulator from the door, I shot WD40 and silicone grease into the 'brake' area (these regulators have a brake-type mechanism, it's the 1-1/2" dia cylinder on the crank handle's shaft) and finally got the thing to move both up and down but the brake is still very tight. I'm not sure how to fix it. There are three small rivets that hold the brake assembly to the main plate but if you attempt to drill out the rivets, the heavy spring needs to be relaxed first...

Last edited:
I had the same problem in my '66. After removing the regulator from the door, I shot WD40 and silicone grease into the 'brake' area (these regulators have a brake-type mechanism, it's the 1-1/2" dia cylinder on the crank handle's shaft) and finally got the thing to move both up and down but the brake is still very tight. I'm not sure how to fix it. There are three small rivets that hold the brake assembly to the main plate but if you attempt to drill out the rivets, the heavy spring needs to be relaxed first...

I tried wd40 and silicone, drilling out the rivets and taking off the spring. Can't get the brake release off the main plate still

I have a 66 fury II 4 door would that work.
i have only got 1 door opened but have rolled windows down, i little tight car had been setting a very long time.
marblemike

66 door regulator

Would you take $20 mike?

Hi
sure will plus shipping.
are all 4 regulaters the same or do i need a certan door.
will be sat before i can get into door to see if its worth getting.
send me your adress and i can get shipping charge.
i think you can send address as a private meassage.
Thanks marblemike

Hi
sure will plus shipping.
are all 4 regulaters the same or do i need a certan door.
will be sat before i can get into door to see if its worth getting.
send me your adress and i can get shipping charge.
i think you can send address as a private meassage.
Thanks marblemike

The front and back door regulators are different. I just need the driver side front regulator. Address sent in message.

regulator

The front and back door regulators are different. I just need the driver side front regulator. Address sent in message.

Hi
I think it will work, looks the same, i have added some pics for you.
part 20.00
shipping lg flat rate 16.85

total 36.85
i have your address, if you use paypal or just send me a check
email me a decission and your email and i will send my name and address.
Thanks marblemike65plymouthdoorcrank 002.jpg65plymouthdoorcrank 001.jpg65plymouthdoorcrank 009.jpg65plymouthdoorcrank 003.jpg65plymouthdoorcrank 004.jpg65plymouthdoorcrank 005.jpg65plymouthdoorcrank 006.jpg65plymouthdoorcrank 007.jpg65plymouthdoorcrank 008.jpg

65plymouthdoorcrank 009.jpg

65plymouthdoorcrank 001.jpg

65plymouthdoorcrank 002.jpg

65plymouthdoorcrank 003.jpg

65plymouthdoorcrank 004.jpg

65plymouthdoorcrank 005.jpg

65plymouthdoorcrank 006.jpg

65plymouthdoorcrank 007.jpg

65plymouthdoorcrank 008.jpg

Hi
I think it will work, looks the same, i have added some pics for you.
part 20.00
shipping lg flat rate 16.85

total 36.85
i have your address, if you use paypal or just send me a check
email me a decission and your email and i will send my name and address.
Thanks marblemikeView attachment 24926View attachment 24925View attachment 24924View attachment 24927View attachment 24929View attachment 24930View attachment 24931View attachment 24932View attachment 24933

Right on, thanks mike. I will check those measurements on mine tomorrow and let you know if it will fit. The regulator works right?

Hi
I didnt put no lubricant on it and it worked great put a handle on it and moved nicely.
i guess that is what a regulator is where the handle fits and crank to move window up and down.
Thanks mike

Back