65 Monaco wont start

Db45

Reaction score
65 Monaco, 383. New starter, new starter relay, new voltage regulator. Fully charged battery.
Turn the key and the starter relay clicks but the starter does not engage. I can jump the terminals on the starter and make it starter engage and start the car. Only did this with the old started because I was broke down at a gas station and needed to get her home. Since then I've installed all parts listed and the condition is the same. Appreciate any help mopar friends!!

Is the ground from the starter relay to the neutral safety switch connected? Is the wire in good condition?

Have you checked the neutral safety switch and the starter switch? also the wiring and connections to these switches. Just a thought. Lindsay

Is the ground from the starter relay to the neutral safety switch connected? Is the wire in good condition?
I have not. Kind of a roomie when it comes to electrical stuff. I'll locate the neutral switch and see what happens.

I have not. Kind of a roomie when it comes to electrical stuff. I'll locate the neutral switch and see what happens.
Should see a single wire connector on the driver side (left side) of transmission oil pan

You can also ground that terminal at the starter relay and see if it starts. If so, then wire to the neutral safety switch is a problem or the neutral safety switch is a problem.

Should see a single wire connector on the driver side (left side) of transmission oil pan

You can also ground that terminal at the starter relay and see if it starts. If so, then wire to the neutral safety switch is a problem or the neutral safety switch is a problem.
Shes alive !!!! Thanks for the help !!!

Back