65 NY Radiator

Senator Leahy

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a 65 new yorker 413 with auto trans. I need to replace my radiator. Pinhole leak and a crack forming. I'd like to go with an aluminum one but some of them seem down right expensive. And most of the ones I see on eBay say they won't fit. I need some help finding a replacement please.

Where's the hole/crack? The tank or the core? Tank could be repaired, may be worth it, may not last. A good radiator guy can tell. Core would, naturally, be replaced. No troubles there.

Holes in the tank. I keep reading that it will only be a temporary fix. Has anyone found an aftermarket radiator that will work? Or modified one to work?

Lots of guys using the 100% totally incorrect (uncorrect? non-correct?) Champion aluminum radiators to the disgust/horror a/o chagrin of others.

So you're saying the champion aluminum radiators might work with a little modifying commando?
The radiator works beautifly.
It was the mounting brackets and the tabs for mounting the radiator shroud that I had to rework.
No. That's not completely true, I should say fabricate NEW mounts and tabs.

From what I've found the champion #cc2375 measurements are the closest to what I have in the car. I think I'm going with it

Ordered it last night! Looks like I'm gonna have to drill a couple holes to mount it but no big deal. I need to get her put back together! Still have to get a couple broken valve cover studs out to replace the covers. I will start a thread when I get everything back together.

Back