65 NYer Fuel Tank

Boyd

Reaction score
OK, got my new fuel tank from Andy Bernbaum. I figured a couple times to the tank restorer and his bill, it would be more economical just to buy a new tank. Doing the POR15 tank sealer this week. That said, the 65 will not be ready for Chryslers at Carlisle. I will be there though. Will have my ride there in 2023!

20220710_101927.jpg

OK, got my new fuel tank from Andy Bernbaum. I figured a couple times to the tank restorer and his bill, it would be more economical just to buy a new tank. Doing the POR15 tank sealer this week. That said, the 65 will not be ready for Chryslers at Carlisle. I will be there though. Will have my ride there in 2023!

View attachment 543658
I don't think you need the Por15. Just go with the tank as is. Or are you talking about the outside of the tank?

Both, but for the first 50 years of my car, we did not have to deal with Ethanol. Not that I will be around in another 50 years, but if I don't want my new tank rusting out in 5 years. Not a problem, it is done and looks great. I will let you know in 10 years if there are any problems.
You know, I could have fixed the old tank by sealing it with POR 15. Why take chances with fire?

Back