65 Plymouth ac

ply64post

Reaction score
HELP

Can anyone tell me what factory a/c units will interchange into a 65 Fury? I am sure there has to be other years and models Dodge, Chrysler,etc that will interchange. Looking for factory under dash unit, big block.

Thanks ahead for any help
Jeff

Don't have my books with me right now, but if I remember correctly it should be a model 953 unit for the factory in dash unit. All the under dash units were after market although some sold by the dealers...

There are a number of under dash units, most of them aftermarket. However, Mopar did offer dealer installed under dash units under the AirTemp umbrella. I have a lovely complete AirTemp under dash unit taken from a 66 Chrysler. If your car has NOT got a console, this will fit nicely. The motors power up nicely, all the vanes turn properly, and it's complete.

It's yours for $125 plus the ride from Brantford Ontario.

I'll post pics when I can figure out how to resave them as Jpegs.

Here are some pics.

4 rearview.jpg
1 controls.jpg
2 frontview.jpg
3 Logo.jpg

Hey ply64post,

From my post in this thread, I have already received a message from another member saying they're interested in the under dash unit I have. So, since I offered it to you first, you need to let me know if you interested within a reasonable time, or let me know if you're not interested so I can go ahead and seal the deal with the other person.

Today is Wednesday - I'll figure you're not interested if I don't hear from you by Sunday.

Cheers!

Ross.

Back