WANTED 65 Plymouth Fury Tach

Status
Not open for further replies.

68Chrysler300Aus

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi all, I am working on a 65 Plymouth Sprt Fury. In the console, there is an allowance for a tacho, does anyone have one? Cheers
IMG-0895.jpg

The original factory tach that you are looking for is 2 pieces. The tach itself, which is a full face 6000 rpm sweep and the sending unit. Classic Industries is selling a reproduction that is 8000 rpm with modern internals. However, it is $253 and more importantly does not have a light in it. Making it useless once the sun goes down. There have been other posts about this on this site. The consensus is to buy a modern aftermarket tach and install it. I personally bought a Sun supertach II at a swap meet for $15, brand new. Other than having to modify the case it bolted right into my console.

The original factory tach that you are looking for is 2 pieces. The tach itself, which is a full face 6000 rpm sweep and the sending unit. Classic Industries is selling a reproduction that is 8000 rpm with modern internals. However, it is $253 and more importantly does not have a light in it. Making it useless once the sun goes down. There have been other posts about this on this site. The consensus is to buy a modern aftermarket tach and install it. I personally bought a Sun supertach II at a swap meet for $15, brand new. Other than having to modify the case it bolted right into my console.
Ok. thanks for your answer. I was leaning towards a moden one. Your comment has made me sure of that being the answer. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back