65' rear window troubles

greenfury65

Reaction score
Hello all
i have recently made my first classic car purchase
I bought a 1965 fury 3 2dr and the previous owner
took out the rear window regulators..and bolted the windows shut... I want them to work again...so I got the left and right regulators but I can't figure out how to install them....I'm not sure if I'm missing parts or what can someone point me in the right direction?

Without seeing what is there or not there it will be difficult to trouble shoot. I would start with a service manual for a reference point to see how things bolt together. I would also perhaps ask some people with 65's for photos if possible.

Next I would shoot the previous owner for being a numbskull.:elmer:

Thanks for the info I will be getting a manual soon ..I might have to live with it for a little while,.. after all I don't sit in the back seat and I guess it's not # 1 priority

Thanks for the info I will be getting a manual soon ..I might have to live with it for a little while,.. after all I don't sit in the back seat and I guess it's not # 1 priority

They have service and parts manuals on ebay all the time. Shouldn't be hard to find.

here is our ride
fury 1.jpg
fury 2.jpg

fury 1.jpg

fury 2.jpg

Can I assume you bought it from someone under the age of 25? LOL.
Just kidding. Looks very good and nothing that can't be undone.

Definitely going to want to get a manual, but in the mean time, this site has the one from '66 which looks to have the same window design.

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

It shows all the steps to go through to get everything adjusted right.

It's a kind of complicated mechanism, but maybe this will show the basics of how it works

quarter window regulator.jpg

There should be two vertical tracks for the window to slide up and down on, a long one at the very front of the window, and a shorter one close to the back. (the black lines)

The green thing is the metal part that should be attached to the bottom of the glass. There should be a roller assembly attached to the front of it with a pair of wheels that go over the front track.
There should be another roller assembly at the rear, it will have the two wheels that go over the track, and another one that can slide back and forth inside an openning in the green thing.

The regulator attaches to the body with 3 bolts where the red x's are

The small roller on the regulator goes back and forth in a little horizontal track (the blue rectangle) This keeps the two arms parallel when the window goes up and down

Finally the two large rollers on the regulator arms go through the other opennings in the green part.

Hope this helps some

quarter window regulator.jpg

Back