65 Sport Fury Console in need of lid resto or replacement....vinyl covering is shot!

4spd6pk

Reaction score
The lid on the console has severe cracking and in need of attention. Trying to locate a used lid has been unsuccessful.....any suggestions? I have thought of attempting to recover with new vinyl and adhesive but hoping someone may have been down this road already with a" this is what you need to do' reply! Oooor...anyone out there have a decent one with interest to sell? Just one of the items needed on the Sport Fury needs this List!

I think it was somewhere around $600 for the lid and back piece where the lighter is. Not cheap but you definitely get what you pay for.

Console2.jpg

Interior5.jpg

Yours may or may not have the chrome strip in the center of the lid like the B body consoles. Mine did not. It has a faux stitched strip in the middle. I think this might have cost a little extra to duplicate.

Rexus31......The interior of that car is...for the lack of better words...Beautiful! Wow! The console is all that....and a whole lot more. Thanks for the heads up with Just Dashes. Like your stated,you get what you pay for. I'd like to see more pic's of the car if you don't mind. What a great example of style and class with that interior.Thanks again!

Thanks for the compliments. IMO, the interior is the most important part of the car. That's where you spend all of your time driving! I have more pics of the car in my photo album on this site.

The chrome strip came on 65 Fury. No chrome and 2 holes for 300 L lid.

There was/is a guy that sells stuff for 64-65c bodies on Ebay that was gonna remake these lids. That info is @ 1 year old.
He also remakes the impossible to find "wood grain" console plate for 64-65 Sport Fury and 65 300 L 4 speed consoles.
He made it from fiberglass, instead of original pot metal/chrome, but it looks and fits perfect! $65
His Ebay moniker is 74gtx ebay store: http://www.ebay.com/sch/74gtx/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2654

Thanks,
Tom Denkler

Back