65 Sport Fury

I'd like to see you running a temperature gauge on that setup to see how cool she runs.It's already hitting the mid to upper eighties and the humidity is rolling in.Hopefully you'll have her all back together before long so you can enjoy the air conditioning.

Here are the specs from the Griffin site.

Griffin Direct Fit Combo Unit Aluminum Radiator Details
Vehicle: 65 Plymouth Barracuda
PART NUMBER: CU-00038-LS
Finish: Aluminum/Silver
Core Size: 22.5 X 19 X 2.68
2 rows of 1.25(in) tubing
Inlet/Outlet: TR/BR
App Specific: Dominator
Notes: Early LS 1, 2 and 3
Overall Size: 26.5 x 18.63 x 3
Description: Mopar 60-88 "A" "B" & "E" Body 26.50 x 18.63 Early LS Outlets, Manual Transmission, DirectFit - ComboUnit, Includes: Shroud, Fan(s), Wiring, Temp Sensor, and Rad Cap, Fits: 65-74 Barracuda, 70-74 Challenger, 66-77 Charger, 73-76 Dart, 67-78 Fury, 68-80 Road Runner
Combo Thickness: 7.17 (in)
Fan Info: Twin 12 (in) 1722cfm

Some front suspension pieces back from powder coating.
suspension before powder coating1.jpgsuspension powder coated1.jpgsuspension powder coated2.jpgsuspension powder coated3.jpg

suspension before powder coating1.jpg

suspension powder coated1.jpg

suspension powder coated2.jpg

suspension powder coated3.jpg

Those look great .. I had been debating powder coating some more parts in the front suspension

I may do the LCA's now .. was just planning on the K frame

Those do look damn good!! Where did you send em? How much did it set ya back, if you don't mind me asking?

Love the powdercoating, should look good for a long time, can't wait to see pic's of it when it's done

There are a few more parts to powder coat. The sway bar and torsion bars are getting done as well. I also have a set of headers that once fitted (you know dented up to fit, lol) I'm going to have the jet coated to keep temps under the hood down. The motor and trans is getting pulled so the subframe can be painted in all over. It's coming together and everything is looking really good. At some point it'll get done. In the meantime the stereo prewiring for my 66 Charger is done and I can get the finish putting the interior back in. so I have something to keep me busy and drive while I wait on the Fury.

Woooooooooo looking good. As I get into these cars more, I realize how bad *** slab side C-body's look in black. Beastly.

couple of pics of my 100 dollar craigslist headers. they need to tweaked a little more and then they'll be off to be cleaned up and ceramic coated.

IMG_4198.jpgIMG_4199.jpg

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4199.jpg

What are those supposed to fit? You don't know a part number do you?

i knew that question would come up. I have no idea and neither did the guy i bought them from. They were on a 67 Charger with a 440. So they were close to being dented in all the right places. he wanted 200 for them and I got him down to 100 since he didnt know the brand, model, ect. I figured for 100 bucks if they didnt work I could easily get rid of them.

I talked to a guy on cbodydrydock (dacuda) who has a 66 Fury w/440. He said just about any B-body headers for a 440 will work. They just need to be dented in all the usual places. He used Hooker Super Comp headers. He had to bend them up a bit on the passenger side because they sometimes rattled on the torsion bar. Then I think he wrapped something around the torsion bar.

Pass side looks like it fits good, drivers looks like some clearance work is needed, nice find

Not much of an update. Here are some pictures of the subframe and firewall. The engine and trans were pulled to be able to paint all sides of the subframe. I'll be getting new motor mounts from Schumacher (engine-swaps.com) with poly-locs. They have a solution for 65 C-bodies that they don't advertise on their website. I'm going to ask them if they wouldn't mind if I post the solution here on this forum. Since it's an unadvertised offering I feel asking them if it's ok rather then just posting it. The solution deals with B/RB blocks that don't have the necessary mounting bosses for the motor mount. I am also looking to replace the lower steering shaft setup with some u-joints and a a shaft. I'll also need to check the end of the steering column and replace the pieces at the end to reduce steering shaft movement as well.

anyway some pics to pass the time.

IMG_4356.jpgIMG_4360.jpgIMG_4367.jpgIMG_4368.jpgIMG_4369.jpgIMG_4372.jpgIMG_4375.jpg

IMG_4356.jpg

IMG_4360.jpg

IMG_4367.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

I'll be getting new motor mounts from Schumacher (engine-swaps.com) with poly-locs. They have a solution for 65 C-bodies that they don't advertise on their website.
Well that's just plain silly of them unless it's in the prototype stage and they are waiting for feedback first.

Back