65 Sport Fury

I plan on taking care of the lower steering shaft. I don't plan on using flaming river. Unless i can find way better prices. I'm sure their stuff is great. But 200 bucks for one u-joint is a way too much.

I need to count the splines on the upper steering shaft and the power steering gear box. Plus i need to measure the power steering gear box shaft size as well. Unless someone already knows both of the answers. Things i can take care of now when it will never be easier is getting done. Well at least that is plan, budget with standing. I've been without the car for so long that I'm in rush to get it done. I have my 66 Charger back so I have a car to drive. I'm going to do as much right as I am able to.

looked at it and sent a PM to Senator Leahy to see what he bought, from who, etc. No reply and that was a week ago. We all know that 65 C-Bodies are an in-betweener with lots of one-off parts. There are lots of good links in that post and a couple of others. It seems no one to this point has done this to a 65 C. I don't mind being the first if that is the case. When it gets done I'll add those pics so others can see it.

looked at it and sent a PM to Senator Leahy to see what he bought, from who, etc. No reply and that was a week ago. We all know that 65 C-Bodies are an in-betweener with lots of one-off parts. There are lots of good links in that post and a couple of others. It seems no one to this point has done this to a 65 C. I don't mind being the first if that is the case. When it gets done I'll add those pics so others can see it.

My bet is Flaming River .. the other source had flaming river parts also

alright, motor mounts from engine-swaps.com ordered. They'll ship out once Michael Schumacher gets back from Carlise. Also I ordered 2 u-joints and a shaft from Summit. All flaming river parts. I ordered universal u-joints since the Chrysler specific are insanely priced. those parts should be here next tuesday. This will help replace the whole lower shaft setup and reduce slop in that portion. However no one seems t be able to help out on what to do about the lower steering column shaft seal, bearing and cover. If i can't figure out what to do there. it'll still have a fair amount of slop in the whole steering setup.

Anyone have an suggestions for new pulleys, brackets and turnbuckle bolts? I'd like to use the new style 6 rib belts for alternator and power steering. So any suggestions people have on a fill setup is appreciated.

I stopped by the other day and here are some more pictures. Firewall and sub-frame have been painted. Once the motor mounts come in and installed then the engine and trans will go back in. Then the front suspension and then the headers will get a final test fit before they go out to get jet coated.

Here are some more pictures.

IMG_4383.jpgIMG_4384.jpgIMG_4385.jpgIMG_4386.jpgIMG_4387.jpgIMG_4388.jpgIMG_4389.jpgIMG_4390.jpgIMG_4398.jpgIMG_4399.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

IMG_4386.jpg

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_4388.jpg

IMG_4389.jpg

IMG_4390.jpg

IMG_4398.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

I just read this thread for the first time, nicely done so far! I love the electrical panel sheet metal. It makes it cooler in my opinion.

Well I thought I lost the pictures of what the car looked like. These are from the eBay ad when I bought the car in Dec 2006.

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg09.jpg10.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

The person selling it was Lake Worth. It was so long ago. It ended up with me over around Tampa. At the time for the price I felt it was fair. In 2006 plan jane Roadrunners were going for well over 20k. So I felt what i paid for a big block 4 speed car was good. The body was in good shape and not too much rust. The driver side floor was rusted through. Then when it got on the frame machine it had been hit and needed to be tweaked.

the rest of the pics that didnt upload.
11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg16.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

Can I ask,.what is the piece in the middle of the bumper? Post 71, 7th picture. I never saw that before? Car looks great.

This should be an optional grille / bumper guard, think this was even factory Option. Rarely seen, Looks a bit odd IMHO.

Factory Cattle Catcher option. :)
I agree it looks strange but it is rare. For what it's worth.

I was going to say it looked kind of strange. You could always remove it and put it aside if that's what you want to do. Car looks great though.

Last edited:
I was talking about taking it off of mine but the wife wants to keep it. WTF! LOL. She is really killing me with this crap!

motor mounts w/poly locs, header bolt kit and gasket showed up today. Poly locs were on back order. i'll post pics when the mounts are done. It'll be a long while before i know how well they work. But the driver's side mount takes care of putting a 440 in a 65 Fury.
IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

Back