65' Sportfury

p-a71

Reaction score
Hi Mopar guys,

I've just signed on this forum. I'm Pierre-Antoine and I live in ... France. I'm 19 years old and last summer I bought a 65' Sportfury.

So my car is a 65' Sportfury with a 383ci, A727, Shifter on the floor, Gold exterior, gold interior, AC, bucket seats. Moreover this is a one owner California car (from Glendora) so they are no rust on this car. This Plymouth stayed 30 years in a backyard.

Currently I rebuild the 383. I plan to rebuild brakes, check the transmission, repaint the front frame.

In a second time I would like to restore the interior and the floor of the car (just repaint it). I want to keep this incredible patina.

But I have some questions,

How many sportfury havebuild in 65' ? How many gold ? How can I find this informations ?

Do you have adress to find : - the cover for the seats
- the sigle of the front grille

Thanks for your answers and long life for the C bodys :)

p_202116.jpg

p_202117.jpg

dscn5812.jpg

dscn5813.jpg

Welcome! Very nice sport fury you have there. Don't see them too often in gold. What's the code on you fender tag?

And I research a streering wheel in good conditions ;)

And I research a streering wheel in good conditions ;)
You can get new seat covers front and rear from legendaryautointeriors.com as for the steering wheel maybe another member has a better one? Or watch ebay.

p-a71 --
There were 38348 1965 Sport Fury 2-dr H/Ts produced. I've been fortunate in that I've had two, both Medium Red Metallic matching interior, 426-S 4-speed cars. The first I had from 1964 until 1967 and the other I was able get in 2016.
Joe Godec

upload_2021-11-17_9-21-23.png
Vans can supply you with the Grille emblem. I think there are other suppliers that carry it also. Spendy though for a piece of plastic.

Thanks for the answers and the differents adress, that's cool !

For the engine I change the segments, bearings, seals ... And repaint it in the original color. Currently the bloc is in a company to clean it. This is the original engine and it had 90000 miles.

For the carb, is it better to rebuild the original or it's better to buy a new edelbrock or Holley (600cfm is it ok ?)

And for the exaust collector ... With wich product I can repaint it ?

Thanks ! Have a good day

Nice ! Do you have write a post on this forum about your car ?

rod440 must have my cars twin brother! I just realized new phone has no Fury pics yet.Get some up when I can

Back