66-300 Vert Right side rear quarter window adjustment

1966 300

Reaction score
Been trying to close the gap between the bottom of the front edge of the quarter
window and the back edge of the front window. I have the shop manual and have been following the convertible quarter window adjustment instructions on page 23-41. #4
is very informative. "To move the window in, turn the sleeve nut clockwise, and to turn the window out turn the sleeve nut clockwise. #5 makes sense. Trying to move the window out where it needs to go. I have rounded off the edge of the sleeve nut in #5 trying to see which
adjustment does what. My adjustments right now appear to have solved the gap problem. The gap between both window glasses is now even at about 1/2 inch. To close that gap, #7 is another gem. "Move the upper track attachment forward so the weatherstrip is against the front door window". The instruction doesn't tell you how to do that.

I have three questions and hope someone can help me out.

#1 Is the rounded sleeve nut replaceable by just removing the rounded nut and replacing it with a new nut or is it more complicated.
#2 I still have to move the window out to touch the belt line weatherstrip, what is the correct
way to do it?
#3 Can anyone tell me how to move the upper track forward as recommended in #7 to have the rear window weatherstrip touch the edge of the glass on the front window??

may not apply but the 69 quarter windows have a bolt at the bottom of the track that can be used to tip the whole assembly in or out. can't remember how they move forward and back.

Back