66 Chrysler 300 sail panels

MetalManiacAZ

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
My passenger side plastic sail panel is completely FUBAR. I've researched and reached out to a couple companies referenced on these boards for reproductions but no response yet. I found a set on ebay but I don't need two and the side I need shows damage anyway. I've heard that 67 Fury hard top panels may be the same. Can anyone confirm this? Reason I ask is there are 3 Furys at my local yard that look complete. Just want to confirm before I start digging through them. Thanks guys!

1965 and 1966 C body cars of the same body type that use sail panels in the interior will have the boards you need. Cars from hot dry climates will have panels that will likely turn to dust as soon as you try to extract them.

My advice to you from my own experience (trying to find boards that are in good shape). is to recreate them with new material, using your old ones as templates. If you have a good one, and it's the wrong side, flip it over. I believe they're the same and can interchange.

Edit - I just re-read your post - plastic? I assume you're talking about the interior, and mine are under the headliner and are pressboard. That being said, I just did a search on google - are you referring to this type of molded panel with the interior light?

300_16.jpg

If so, then you're going to have a more difficult time, and I believe they're specific to that model. If they are what I described initially, then the other cars you mentioned in your post will have them.

Keep in mind that the 1/4 window shape on many 67-68 hard tops changed to the reverse slant, and only the fast tops have the traditionally shaped 1/4 glass, so only those will have the possibility of providing you with a sail panel. My google search did not reveal any plastic sail panels like your 66 300 has in a 67 or 68.

Good luck!

Last edited:
1965 and 1966 C body cars of the same body type that use sail panels in the interior will have the boards you need. Cars from hot dry climates will have panels that will likely turn to dust as soon as you try to extract them.
Yeah, they're nice, brittle, Arizona baked red plastic with a grain texture that matches the interior. My old '65 Sport Fury had the headliner that came down to the package tray like your's. Thanks anyway, Ross.. The hunt goes on...

Yeah, they're nice, brittle, Arizona baked red plastic with a grain texture that matches the interior. My old '65 Sport Fury had the headliner that came down to the package tray like your's. The hunt goes on...

My advice to you from my own experience (trying to find boards that are in good shape). is to recreate them with new material, using your old ones as templates. If you have a good one, and it's the wrong side, flip it over. I believe they're the same and can interchange.

Edit - I just re-read your post - plastic? I assume you're talking about the interior, and mine are under the headliner and are pressboard. That being said, I just did a search on google - are you referring to this type of molded panel with the interior light?

View attachment 443262

If so, then you're going to have a more difficult time, and I believe they're specific to that model. If they are what I described initially, then the other cars you mentioned in your post will have them.

Keep in mind that the 1/4 window shape on many 67-68 hard tops changed to the reverse slant, and only the fast tops have the traditionally shaped 1/4 glass, so only those will have the possibility of providing you with a sail panel. My google search did not reveal any plastic sail panels like your 66 300 has in a 67 or 68.

Good luck!

I don't want to get your hopes up too much - I think they're fabric like mine, but he'll either let me know or post the answer here himself.

My passenger side plastic sail panel is completely FUBAR. I've researched and reached out to a couple companies referenced on these boards for reproductions but no response yet. I found a set on ebay but I don't need two and the side I need shows damage anyway. I've heard that 67 Fury hard top panels may be the same. Can anyone confirm this? Reason I ask is there are 3 Furys at my local yard that look complete. Just want to confirm before I start digging through them. Thanks guys!

Yes, the roof on the '67-'68 Fury 2 door hardtops is the same as the '66 300. Those are the only 3 cars that use that particular roof.

Roof, meaning roof panel, C pillars, and rear glass.

Jeff

Yessir. Those are the ones I was referring to on Ebay. I was hoping to get just one though or at least a set that didn't have damage on the side I need. My local yard has a few formal top Furys, I just haven't had a chance to get down there. Thanks for looking though, Ross!

Back