For Sale '66 Dodge Monaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

brent

Reaction score
Contact seller
Purchased this a decade ago and just never found the time I hoped to put into it. Rear-end was hit when I purchased it. A shade tree mechanic pounded it out and got the trunk lid sitting pretty square. The rear quarters and trunk had some holes that needed to be filled. A fiber-glass patch covers over a rusted area directly over the gas tank. The floor boards are also rusted on passenger and driver side. Quarter panel windows didn't work and I haven't the geometric skills to reinstall. (bought parts, but I think there are still some replacement rollers missing. Currently plex-glas, fills the window spaces.) Engine seems healthy (starts easily and runs smoothly)
IMG_5818.jpg
IMG_5820.jpg
IMG_5820.jpg
IMG_5820.jpg
IMG_5820.jpg
. The engine has been replaced with a 1968, 383 4barrel, with 727 trans, 8-3/4 differential. Brakes are there but soft. I replaced the master cylinder and brake cylinders at all four corners, bench bled the MC and the brakes, but still seem soft. (booster issue?). If Grade 4 is going for $8,000 (based on Hagertys) this feels like $4,000 might be reasonable, given the solidity of the outer body and rarity of these on the street.

The interior is not very handsome and most of it is pulled out while I attempted the rear quarter window repair. Here's the door and fender tag. Indicates a Monaco 500 (I feared the DP indicated Dodge Polara. Not so.) Happy to post a few more images of parts or answer more questions.

IMG_5824.jpg

IMG_5822.jpg

IMG_5784.jpg

IMG_5804.jpg

IMG_5808.jpg

IMG_5805.jpg

IMG_5787.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

IMG_5779.jpg

Hoped to see more interest in this car. Willing to listen to offers, suggestions what are biggest issues.

The quarters are probably the biggest issue. No patches made (that are worth a nickle), and how many hours for a body guy to fix. If the floors are just light surface rust, no biggie, but if they have holes, there's another piece(s) you'll need to find. Windows not being installed isn't a problem, but the rest of the interior needs to be redone. The console has the end portion that needs to be replaced, it's a separate piece on a 66 console, unlike later years where the console was one piece. Do you have the door panels? That would be a plus.

I appreciate the responses. I realize there's lots of TLC to make this fun to drive. SPD, not sure what that indicates?
I have all the door panels, though the driver side is tired. I have the chrome eye brows, the chrome front "skirt" for driver side fender. I also have the pad for the console but haven't been able to locate the plastic tail of the console. Anyone know of replacements?

Here's a breakdown of the fender tag. Obviously some codes aren't correct when they offer two, but it's easy to figure out which one is correct for the car. Early build car, in a color combo I'd love to have.

Screenshot_20210804-192008~2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back