66 fury 440 help...

Rscia50

Reaction score
I'm new to the Mopar world and just picked up a 1966 fury sport with a 440. I need some long tubes and front disk brake kit to get started. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd like all brand new parts or parts kits. Plus I have a zillion other questions but this will help me get started. Thanks guys

20160416_163457.jpg

20160414_100517.jpg

IMG_4102_2.jpg

Hello from Minnesota. By long tubes I assume you mean headers? tti makes them for C bodies, I have them on my car and I like them. I believe also makes them. Scarebird has disc brake kits. I like the stance of your car, looks good down low.

Thanks guys, apparently c body stuff is not easy to find. I've been a ford foxbody 5.0 guy most of my life but after cruising in the sport fury I'm hooked. I like my rides to be diffrent and this mopar is perfect! With that being said I know nothing about carburetors. My sport fury started as a 318 and somewhere along the line had a 440 thrown in. It has a nice cam and sounds great but I can't stand the factory manifolds.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice car!

Thanks guys, apparently c body stuff is not easy to find. I've been a ford foxbody 5.0 guy most of my life but after cruising in the sport fury I'm hooked. I like my rides to be diffrent and this mopar is perfect! With that being said I know nothing about carburetors. My sport fury started as a 318 and somewhere along the line had a 440 thrown in. It has a nice cam and sounds great but I can't stand the factory manifolds.
Go to MyMopar on YouTube and look up basic carburetor tech. I believe there are two videos. Keep in mind it may be hard to find, as there are many carb videos from MyMopar.

And unless we make it a technical sticky, we'll be repeating ourselves every two weeks on telling a new C-body owner how to convert to disc brakes,

:poke:

:welcome:
You won't gain much with headers, nothing wrong with the OEM manifolds, especially if they are the HP type. They have a lot to do with the "Mopar" sound.
Love your car. It's a beauty. Needs the front lifted a little, and perhaps lose the Ford/Chevy exhaust tips..JMHO....And is that a factory flex rad hose.....?:poke:
Thanks for posting.

Just wondering, is the car for sale.....? Or just misposted.

65 thru 68 C bodys are referred to as "slab sides" and there is a thread for them that might be a better place to post.

Will.

Do you know why the heater hoses were removed, I assume you will need heat at some point. Some previous owners plug them because of leaks ,others disconnect them because they don't need heat

Cheers

Ken

Just wondering, is the car for sale.....? Or just misposted.

65 thru 68 C bodys are referred to as "slab sides" and there is a thread for them that might be a better place to post.

Will.

good question.

Rscia I moved your thread. It doesn't appear to be for sale.

Thanks guys, I'm really just looking for a company that makes the best disc brake conversion for my fury. I know there's a ton of ways to do it using other cars and parts but I'm just looking for a kit. Most companies says their conversion kits are for a,b and e bodies only.

I plan on replacing the heater core along with the radiator and hooking the heat back up. Who makes the best direct swap aluminum radiator for a 66 fury?

As for the stance, I want that old school hot rod look and sound. I agree those goofy exhaust extention thing look horrible. I like the TCI kit with turndown but did the see any headers for my applocation. I mainly wanted headers for looks and to get rid of the ugly rusted manifolds. The trans needs to be rebuilt also, it will still roll away its in park and it's not going into first gear. Might be a linkage issue but haven't had a chance to really get under the car yet.

And thanks for moving it, I'm not sure how I posted it in the for sale section. I do have some extra trim pieces and parts I need to go through and sell. The car came with a trunk full of parts.

.... Most companies says their conversion kits are for a,b and e bodies only.....

Get used to reading that. welcome to the C-Body world, it does get frustrating but I've found a few times, very few and not for disc brake kits, that if you go to the Parts manuals on MyMopar, you'll see that some parts are the same for all A, B, C and E bodies but the person listing them doesn't know how to spell C-Body so they sure aren't going to research if a part fits, it's easier for them to exclude them. It just takes a lot of research.

I like the TCI kit with turndown but did the see any headers for my applocation.

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Category-ClassicHeaders/383440-Cbody/C6573-440178.htm

No. No you don't. Keep it.
I'll second that - just imagine a little bump by someone in a parking lot or similar and since you've sold your spares, it'll take you 3 years to find a replacement. Only sell something you have 3 spares of, and then only if you know and like the guy needing it.

[QUOTE="Rscia50,

As for the stance, I want that old school hot rod look and sound. I agree those goofy exhaust extention thing look horrible. I like the TCI kit with turndown but did the see any headers for my applocation. I mainly wanted headers for looks and to get rid of the ugly rusted manifolds. The trans needs to be rebuilt also, it will still roll away its in park and it's not going into first gear. Might be a linkage issue but haven't had a chance to really get under the car yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what "old school" your referring to, I was burning up the streets in a Mopar back when your car was new and the "in the weeds" look was not popular then, rather a slightly raised above stock was the way to go then.
I had the same issues with my auto shifter not properly engaging the trans, turned out to be a nylon bushing. Arizona parts has them for around $8.00.

Remove, sandblast and high temp coat your manifolds. Cheaper then headers and you'll retain the nice sound instead if the "tin can' sound the headers provide.

I despise the term old skool in 2016 used by anyone under the age of 60.
Google "hippy" and all the images will be stereotypical when in actuality one person out of a hundred looked that way.

No. No you don't. Keep it.
I agree, keepp anything you can, you never know when/what you will need.

Remove, sandblast and high temp coat your manifolds. Cheaper then headers and you'll retain the nice sound instead if the "tin can' sound the headers provide.
I do t notice any tin can sound with my tri headers. I think it sounds a lot better than the constant leak I had at the manifold to pipe connection. Sure, anything would sound better than that, but they don't sound tinny. Cheap, no.

Back