66 fury fuel line replacement

66furys

Reaction score
After all the problems over the years with brake lines.....I am wondering about the fuel line on this one. There was some problem where the line exits the stub frame on the back side. Has a section of rubber and a bent up section near the body that should go. But, wondering if anyone has tried the entire line, with two questions. How hard to feed the line thru the stub frame up front....both holes are pretty small about half inch, and second question relates to the spaghetti bends in back with crossover. Looks like it might go thru a cross member....only glancing but I have not looked yet at the angle to see that. But, if anyone has replaced this line, would love to hear thoughts. I see too that the exhaust is close over the axles so there is not a lot of room to keep the fuel line clear. I was thinking of using a copper nickel line. From my quick look, am thinking it would have to be done in a couple sections with crimp connections. AAARGH

Might be best, all things considered, to get the pre-bent lines from a vendor? Not to say it could not be done as you intend, just might be better to get the already bent lines.

Your judgment call.

Last edited:
Dont disagree with that. But, after looking at the terrible bends over the axle....I am wondering if it can be put in in one piece....TBD.

Back