66 fury III 2 door hardtop needs a front end

Family came in town for the holidays and ate up all my time for the rebuild. We did manage to get most of the pilars done. My nephew and niece brought the plague with them and infected my whole family. If I feel up to it, I am going to take the driver side door panel off tonight. Should only take an hour or so, but I don't think I will have much energy for anything else.

We are moving along. We are completely done with the rear pillars welding. We have faired out the deck lid and are almost done with the roof. From there we are moving to the driver side quarter panel and door.

Been a long time before the last update. We are finally on the driver side quarter panel. We have gotten the quarter panel all dry fitted and will be welding it in place this week. Passenger side, and roof are all done. I am off all week and I hope to be ready for primer or really close. I plan on getting the windshield replaced next week some time. After that we are dealing with the deck lid and hood. It wont be long now.

Here is the one updated picture I have.

51044085841__AD2A7B5C-25B3-4175-AF31-F6BABA643BF7.jpg

Yeah. Life has been crazy the last couple years. Finally getting this project knocked out to get my garage back. Still trying to figure out what color to paint it.

Driver side quarter panel has been welded on. Starting to fair it out soon and onto the driver's door. We have to put a new bottom on it and fix the mirror assembly. We have to weld a new lip on the deck lid do a little welding in the engine pay. Then we are ready for primer.

We have worked our way back to the front and are rebuilding the front cowl now. The entire section for the wiper motor was just filler. The push to complete it begins.

We are almost ready for Primer!!!! We just have to finish taping off the engine compartment and a little more sanding. Should have it in the first coat of primer this weekend. We hope to have this in color by May.

25807455037_75656d5e7a_k.jpg
Untitled by Testing223, on Flickr
FjvXgk

We started the primer earlier than I thought. The paint gun crapped out on us so we have a new one coming Friday. We will be working on the doors till Friday.

39981324414_79b85d3bdc_k.jpg

39796549075_50c2f22b10_k.jpg

Back