66 Fury MANUAL to POWER drum BRAKES

Rusty Muffler

Reaction score
What exactly do I need since my stock Fury has MANUAL drum brakes now. I just want them to be power brakes

Thanks!

DSC_0309.jpgMaybe something like this.

DSC_0309.jpg

What exactly do I need since my stock Fury has MANUAL drum brakes now. I just want them to be power brakes

Thanks!
You need a 1967+ power brake booster, a 1967+ drum brake dual master cylinder, and a 1967+ proportioning valve.
And brake lines plumbed for dual master cylinder brakes.

Someone must have done this

Thx for the pics but that isn't what I need. Surely someone has made this change before and can tell me specifically what to buy? I see they have rebuilt boosters with and without the mastercylinder, So I need to know if theres a bracket, or a special vaccum piece or whatever to make it complete.

You're nuts if you stay with a single circuit brake system. EVERYBODY upgrades to the dual master cylinder.

but I'd be nuts to stick with my manual brakes too? Going the unstock more complicated route means it won't get done at all, so if something stock will bolt up then I'll do it.

Yep. A vacuum source tapped off from the intake manifold.

A stock '67 system is a direct bolt in. No mods necessary except for new brake lines. After 47 years, you need new brake lines anyway. You're a head on collision waiting to happen as you sit right now.

By the way, nothing wrong with manual brakes. I had a big block in my '66 and manual brakes. Stopped on a dime with 5 cents change left over.

OH!, with a power brake booster, you need a new brake pedal to booster rod.

Last edited:
"By the way, nothing wrong with manual brakes. I had a big block in my '66 and manual brakes. Stopped on a dime with 5 cents change left over."
But all I'm doing is putting a booster behind my manual brakes, so that's ok right?

Your car should only have a distribution block. The proportioning valve would be used for disc/drum applications. If you follow your brake line down to the frame, you will see the fitting down there.

In case you are going to change to a dual master

Last edited:
Your car should only have a distribution block. The proportioning valve would be used for disc/drum applications. If you follow your brake line down to the frame, you will see the fitting down there.

In case you are going to change to a dual master

Thx 300 and Commando!

To be clear, I should only need the refurbished mastercylinder and booster and a vaccum source off the intake to make my single resovoir stock manual brakes work as power drum brakes?

Back