66 fury trunk pan in 67 newport?

Where the tail panel meets up with the trunk pan is different.
Answer is no unless you want it to make it fit.
67 and 68 Chrysler is best match.
Work smarter not harder.

I don't mind making it fit if it's not too extensive. Do you have any pictures that show the difference you are referring to? 70% of my trunk is gone so I need to do something about it....but I do want it to come out decent as well. Finding the exact panel is proving to be very difficult unless I order one from the desert. Ty

Don't have any pics but the differences may be in length and where the trunk pan "kicks up" meets the tail panel.
If the 66 trunk pan is already cut,measure it and compare.
Fury did have a shorter wheelbase and other differences.

Don't have any pics but the differences may be in length and where the trunk pan "kicks up" meets the tail panel.
If the 66 trunk pan is already cut,measure it and compare.
Fury did have a shorter wheelbase and other differences.
The pan is currently in a parts carthat I can get for 2 to 300$...I will go take a look and see if it covers enough of my floor to be usable. Mine is rotted right over the tank and towards the rear so it may be a no go if it doesn't go back far enough.

You're in NC? What about the Alabama Mopar salvage vendors?

Just curious,
CBODY67

You're in NC? What about the Alabama Mopar salvage vendors?

Just curious,
CBODY67
Its been a long time since I've been in the car game....I no longer know where the good salvage yards are. Don't know them but will look into them. Yes nc.

If the trunk pan from the Fury is real nice I would use it. If you have the skill to replace the pan, you should be able to handle some fab work to get it to fit. As Cbarge mentioned, there is a bit of a difference between the two in the area closest to the rear bumper end of the trunk where it angles up, but the flat area is the same. It could take years to find a nice '67-'68 trunk floor, as they tended to leak water worse than the '65-'66 cars did.

Not to be mean to Bluport, but the repop pans that he found are crap. You'd be better off spending the money on a bead roller and making them yourself.

Jeff

Here's a pic of a 1966 Chrysler trunk floor. The Fury should be almost identical. You can compare this to yours and see if it's close enough for you.

66 NY trunk pan2.JPG

Back