66 monaco/polara suspension parts

monaco

Reaction score
Where can I get suspension parts mainly shocks and springs for a 66 monaco/polara?

Where can I get suspension parts mainly shocks and springs for a 66 monaco/polara?

Rock auto, www.rockauto.com has the shocks. Which springs are you looking for, the front suspension uses torsion bars and those usually do not wear out. If you google '66 Monaco rear springs, the are several manufacturers doing replacement springs.

A lot of Mopar suspension issues are caused by bad bushings, especially in the strut rods and upper and lower control arms. Most of the time replacing all of the rubber bushings will get your front suspension stable. Rear spring bushings also wear out and should be replaced as part of an overall suspension rebuild.

Dave

We offer a full line of replacement and upgraded suspension components for C bodies. We offer three lines of shocks (KYB, Bilstein and Viking). We also have torsion bars, leaf springs and more. Please let me know if you have any questions on our product line. Our website is www.p-s-t.com and as a member of this forum you are eligible for the forcbodiesonly discount.

Thanks
James

I went through my front suspension in January, obtaining my parts from a kit and Rock Auto. The alignment trued up perfectly. I followed the FSM for my 66 Newport, used string and light weight rods to fine tune the toe-in, EASY! The upper control arms were set for maximum positive caster, again, absurdly easy. Get a copy of the FSM, look at the notes folks here have contributed and put your treasure on the road with confidence!

I went through my front suspension in January, obtaining my parts from a kit and Rock Auto. The alignment trued up perfectly. I followed the FSM for my 66 Newport, used string and light weight rods to fine tune the toe-in, EASY! The upper control arms were set for maximum positive caster, again, absurdly easy. Get a copy of the FSM, look at the notes folks here have contributed and put your treasure on the road with confidence!
Wondering where you'd been hiding.

It's simple and easy to do.

Wondering where you'd been hiding.

It's simple and easy to do.

Yes it is, though a good deal of brute force is needed when decades of thermodynamic degradation have been free to work. Given the shitty streets in this taco stand burg, I've decided changing the rubber on the sway bar every 12-18 months is a good idea....

Back