66 Monaco Seat Cover

Dylan Galvin

Reaction score
I looked at legendary and they didn’t seem to have a cover for the 66 Monaco, does anyone?

I looked at legendary and they didn’t seem to have a cover for the 66 Monaco, does anyone?
You're local upholstery shop.

They can use the original as a pattern and should be able to get a close match for the grain.

look under Polara 500.I found legendary had that at that time anyway. The polara 500 cover was just like my Monaco

Give them a call. Their website isn't the best, however their phone service is great! They have a huge catalog, particularly mid sixties. I wouldn't doubt they have what you want. Top notch quality too!
Alright I’ll give em a call

Give them a call. Their website isn't the best, however their phone service is great! They have a huge catalog, particularly mid sixties. I wouldn't doubt they have what you want. Top notch quality too!
They say they got nothin

That's too bad. Worth the call though. The local shop it is then! Have them use the best quality vinyl they can get. Most shops only keep the cheap stuff in stock. That's what's great about ledgendary, they have the correct weight and textures of the factory vinyl. I believe they get it from SMS.

look under Polara 500.I found legendary had that at that time anyway. The polara 500 cover was just like my Monaco

Does yours have buckets ? That's all I could find. Found a bench for a '64 too.

They say they got nothin

Did the person on the phone seem helpful? They should be the best ones to find it. How do the rears for these '65's look compared to yours?

Screenshot_20200608_182507_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200608_181345_com.android.chrome.jpg

It’s got a bench front and rear. Both benches are also probably not original to the car, bc they’re black and not red. Could be a pattern change when that change happened. I actually gave SMS a call after legendary and they said if I send in my seat cover then they could make up a new one for me. That’s my next decision, since I assume that’ll take way long. Lady on the phone at legendary simply said ‘nope’ after I asked about 66 Monaco covers, and that was that.

Legendary can make you a cover based on yours too. And it would be ready alot sooner than if SMS was to do it, from what I have heard from others. If the person on the phone at legendary didn't let you know that, I wager they weren't being to helpful. The reason I asked about the rear seat comparison is, if it looks right, you could order the rear cover and ask for enough material to make the front cover, and have it made by a local shop.

Legendary can make you a cover based on yours too. And it would be ready alot sooner than if SMS was to do it, from what I have heard from others. If the person on the phone at legendary didn't let you know that, I wager they weren't being to helpful. The reason I asked about the rear seat comparison is, if it looks right, you could order the rear cover and ask for enough material to make the front cover, and have it made by a local shop.
I tried that with them in person at a show, offered to give them a complete set of covers, front and rear, and offered to pay for the cost involved. The guy I was talking to said "no", and turned his back on me, literally. I had to walk around th corner of their booth to ask for a reason, and he said there will never be enough demand for the covers. That was it, they didn't care. And they still don't.

I tried that with them in person at a show, offered to give them a complete set of covers, front and rear, and offered to pay for the cost involved. The guy I was talking to said "no", and turned his back on me, literally. I had to walk around th corner of their booth to ask for a reason, and he said there will never be enough demand for the covers. That was it, they didn't care. And they still don't.

They have a bunch of Bowtie Bozos working there and the ones that will actually admit there are Mopars on the planet won't talk to you about anything other than A, B or E bodies. I went through the same crap with them on my 66 New Yorker when they actually brought product to Carlisle.

They didn't do a New Yorker interior but they did do a 300 bucket interior. Of course they didn't bring any. The usual we never sell any of that stuff argument but admitted they only sell half of what they do bring. Zero interest in using my seats for patterns.

Next year I get a different guy and find out that the back seat is different in a 4 door than a 2 so the 300 bucket interior back seat won't work. He says no problem, just sent me your back seat and we'll make one. I then ask him why if he can make a 300 cover from scratch, can he not make me New Yorker covers if I sent him the seats? We can do whatever you want he says, even offered to install them for free for the opportunity to make patterns for future orders if I brought him the car.

I didn't get the guys name and in the end I had a local guy replicate mine for similar money. I wish I had got his card so I could at least referred him some business in appreciation for what he tried to do for me.

Kevin

Back