66 Monaco Wagon seat trim part number

66MonacoWagon

Reaction score
I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out this part number. This is the seat trim, drivers side off the 66 Monaco Wagon (so no tilt hinge). My lower piece is scarred from the seat belt. Can anyone tell me the part number? I've been looking at the parts catalogue to no avail. (Is it the shield, the cover?). What about interchangeability? Its a non-power seat. Anyone have a good one for sale?

Thanks!
Joe

image1.jpeg

The "downside" is that any you find will probably have some degree of pock-marks from the seat belt contacting it. The one on my '66 Chrysler Newport is that way, too. Just part of the territory, I suspect. That part probably saw few replacement sales, so finding an NOS item might be somewhat difficult. Especially as by the time anybody might have desired one from Chrysler, they were probably already NS1 at that time. Not something the basic vehicle warranty would have covered due to "normal wear and tear" issues, I suspect.

As for the part number, in parts Group 23, in the illustrations for the seat upholstery and trim, they are Item "M". Which is parts group 23-108-98 Shield, Front Seat Side or Back. The particular illustrations I was looking at were in the '67 Chrysler parts book, but the parts group should be the same for '66, I suspect. CE/CL/CM 4dr sedan, 4dr ht, and station wagon are the same part for the solid bench seat. 2drs, bucket seats, and convertibles are different, as are New Yorker "CH" items. Bench LH Manual Adj 2767743, Lh Pwr Adj 2767745 SAME as '66 DH station wagon front bench seat.

Chrysler, Dodge, and Plymouth have their respective trim illustrations, so the same parts group but in different car line lists. Page IT-196 in the '66 Chrysler parts book. Page IT-248 for Chrysler listings in the '67 Chrysler parts book. Page IT-77 in the '66 Chrysler parts book for Plymouth Fury models. Not sure about '65 or '68, but suspect they are all the same as the '66 and '67 models.

Only '66 & '67 DH and PH models had the side shields, none listed for lower model bench seats, which were only vinyl with no side shields (per the illustrations).

Hope this might help with choices or other C-body cars for parts sources.

CBODY67

WooHoo! I have written in front of me the 2767743 number from before I started this thread, so I'm just happy that I understood the parts manual! I had 23-108-84, which was my first number through the diagrams...

I understand finding a better condition one will be a challenge. Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Well, I found a NOS one, for $170. Not restoring the car so probably not worth the $$ to me.

Heck, make an offer more like $75.00, not to seek to insult the seller, BUT how many other nibbles might they have had on this part? ONLY thing is that due to the proximity of the seat belt retractor, any "better" item could end up just like what you've got pretty easily. THAT could make it even harder for the $$$ NOS item to be sold.

The balance of "I've got the ONLY one around" vs. "What demand is there for this part? How many 1000 point restorations are being done on the 4-doors this part will fit?" But then I've seen a $1000.00 steering wheel horn button for a $100K 'Cuda convertible sell "in days" on eBay.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back