66 Monaco Wagon Trim pieces

66MonacoWagon

Reaction score
I need to try and replace some of the chrome trim that surrounds the woodgrain on the passenger side.
Specifically it is both the upper and lower passenger rear quarter (long straight pieces), and the lower passenger rear door.
Does anyone have some part numbers, other compatible years (I don't think the 65 works?), or some sources? I'm guessing it will be hard to find.

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1396.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

Attached is a scan from the '66 parts book, showing the view of the wagon (Polara in Canada, Monaco in the USA), and all the part numbers left and right.

Note: it's a two page scan, so scroll down to see the list of part numbers.

Use www.partsvoice.com to check part numbers.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• WAGON EXTERIOR MDLGS SCAN.pdf
    163.4 KB · Views: 320
Ross, I do have a parts # question. The diagram is for the driver's side. How do I obtain the passenger? Is it the same number, but just with a L or R?

OK, I think that I figured it out. For example #2586394-5
2586394 - drivers
2586395 - passenger

You'd be surprised how much those trim pieces can be reshaped. I had a friend finishing up his 69 Super Bee and he folded some.in half trying to buff them out. A little patience and some careful work and you wouldn't know by looking at them that they were ever as bad as they were.

Don't know if this guy is still doing it? Been ah few yearz for me, but if he is. YOU CAN'T BUY THE STUFF YOU NEED TO DO IT AS CHEAP AS HE WILL DO IT FOR YOU AND IT'LL BE DONE RIGHT. Dell Metal Polishing 1266 unit A State Rt. 7NE Brookfield, Oh. 44403 888-989-3355 The Guy iz a master at straightening Stainless az long az it'z not FUBARED ... FYI, long PVC plastic tubing 2" or 3" plus two matching endz to cap it off and tape 'um on for shipping and wrap the stainless in an old piece of bed sheet, Jer

Many stainless trim bits that run along belt lines etc will have a slot in one end and/or in the middle to allow the trim to slide off the clips in one direction or the other. You can usually feel or see it if you look carefully. This allows you to take the clips off the car separately. Keep in mind that one more clips may have nuts and bolts securing them and will NOT pull out.

Other clips (usually metal spring-wire style) will pull out with a standard trim tool (available at autoparts stores). Put cloths under the tool to protect paint.

Some plastic trim clips are designed as single use only and will break if you even breathe in their direction, so be very careful. They can be next to impossible to source new. As mentioned above, try to leave them in the car.

Getting at them from the inside of the panel and gently warming the clip with a hair dryer so that you can squeeze the tabs and push them out can save clips from breaking so that they can be re-used.

Back