For Sale 66 Newport Convertible for Sale or Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

WALT KRAYBILL

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking to sell my 66 Newport Convertible or trade it for an early to mid 60s hard top of any kind. 50K miles and 5K on professionally rebuilt engine. New top, seat covers, engine components, radiator and recent professional paint job. Very straight with no collision history. Wilmington, NC.

WP_20161126_10_32_51_Pro - Copy.jpg

WP_20161126_10_33_08_Pro - Copy.jpg

WP_20161126_10_37_52_Pro - Copy.jpg

I highly recommend that you post additional photos including engine and trunk compartment, underneath the car in the trunk floor extension area and the end of the stub-frame area, showing all 4 corners of the car and of any problem areas.

Nice color for that car.

I highly recommend that you post additional photos including engine and trunk compartment, underneath the car in the trunk floor extension area and the end of the stub-frame area, showing all 4 corners of the car and of any problem areas.

Nice color for that car.

I guess you haven't read Joey's tips? Good Luck
ATTENTION - FCBO Marketplace Rules

Nice color for that car.
Thanks for the input. Here are more pics. I'll get some from underneath if interested. Problem areas are: gas gauge not working, horn not working and trim piece missing from passenger rear that fell off a few months ago and I'm trying to replace. Also, some floor pan rust through starting in the front foot wells. Add ons are: 4-barrell carb/intake, electronic distributor, high output alternator and solid state voltage regulator.

Engine.jpg

Trunk.jpg

Missing Trim.jpg

WP_20161126_10_33_52_Pro - Copy.jpg

WP_20161126_10_34_08_Pro - Copy.jpg

FYI -
The worn stripe on the water pump pulley is a telltale that the rubber bumper is missing from this clamshell-type PS pump bracket. The missing bumper makes it impossible to fully tighten a stock-length belt, the slot in the pump bracket ends before the belt is fully tight. The belt then flops a bit and rubs on the pulley.

I have used suitable thicknesses of wood or rubber to fix this -- a bit of trail/error is needed but is a cheap easy fix.

upload_2021-1-29_20-59-1.png

FYI -
The worn stripe on the water pump pulley is a telltale that the rubber bumper is missing from this clamshell-type PS pump bracket. The missing bumper makes it impossible to fully tighten a stock-length belt, the slot in the pump bracket ends before the belt is fully tight. The belt then flops a bit and rubs on the pulley.

I have used suitable thicknesses of wood or rubber to fix this -- a bit of trial/error is needed but is a cheap easy fix.

View attachment 435001
Thanks! I'll check it out.

Pics of rust in floor pan's is needed. Looks to be 440 car. So darn far away. Beautiful car.
That is a 383. Owner said he added the 4-bbl intake and carb, so presumably a 383 2-bbl originally.

The voltage regulator used is described as a "constant output" one, which is supposedly a race-only piece. I did run one myself for several years and had no problems, but YMMV.

Is that a boat-style primer bulb on the fuel line to the carb?

I have to ask, how did the corner chrome trim fall off? It should be attached to the corner with 2 long studs into the taillight opening plus a trim screw under the stainless outline moulding. At least one of the mounting holes in the fender for the studs have been been filled in. There is also an end finish piece for lower trim on that side which is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back