'66 Newport window trim removal

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am having trouble removing the rear window trim on my '66 Newport. Is there a trick or a special tool that I should be using? Thanks for your help.

I just removed all the trim around the windows of my 66' convertible today. I can't speak for your back window but all the other trim was held in place with metal clips so they were the easiest for me to remove. I took a plastic pry tool and just popped each clip.

I just removed all the trim around the windows of my 66' convertible today. I can't speak for your back window but all the other trim was held in place with metal clips so they were the easiest for me to remove. I took a plastic pry tool and just popped each clip.

Yes there is a special tool. It looks like this.

EW25077.jpg

EW25077.jpg

Thanks for your advice. The trim around my back window is held on by metal clips as well. There is a lip the runs the length of each piece of trim which allows the trim to snap in under the clips. I was able to just slide the two bottom pieces off but the top pieces aren't budging. P.S. What are your plans for your 300?

This year I am going to repaint the exterior, same saddle bronze metallic and completely redue the interior, keeping everything looking factory and a new top. How about your Newport?

I am doing the bodywork and pulling the 383. After the 383 is out, a 440 is taking it's place (after the engine compartment is done). Then she will be returned to her original color, Crystal Blue. The interior will eventually be redone as well.

I am doing the bodywork and pulling the 383. After the 383 is out, a 440 is taking it's place (after the engine compartment is done). Then she will be returned to her original color, Crystal Blue. The interior will eventually be redone as well.

Nice, take lots of pictures that will be a great car and I love the Crystal Blue color. I work on my cars from Novermber to the end of March usually and then drive them the rest of the year. I plan on pulling the engine next year and cleaning up the engine and engine bay, but reinstalling the original engine it only has 63000 miles on it. I have a local Mopar guy that will recommend anything I should do to the engine and transmission at that time.

That DD-1 Crystal Blue is a beautiful color. Can't wait to see it done.

Thanks guys. I will post some pictures as the build progresses. Right now almost all of the trim is off. I just have the trim around the windows to remove.

Back