66 newyorker master cylinder conversion

MEV

Reaction score
My car was originally a power drum brake car. I converted to a dual circuit master cylinder with the drums all around for saftey. Later I installed a dual diaphragm booster and did the scarebird disc brake conversion for the front brakes. My question is the dual circuit master cylinder has equal sized reservoirs, Do I need one of the aysemetrical sized reservoirs since I now have front discs? Item 1 an 2 on this list from rock auto?

1971 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER 7.2L 440cid V8 Master Cylinder | RockAuto

I currently have item 6 on this list.

You should probably go with the proper disc brake MC with the larger rear reservoir. As the pads wear you will have less and less fluid in reserve because the caliper piston size requires a larger volume of fluid to be displaced.

Kevin

My car was originally a power drum brake car. I converted to a dual circuit master cylinder with the drums all around for saftey. Later I installed a dual diaphragm booster and did the scarebird disc brake conversion for the front brakes. My question is the dual circuit master cylinder has equal sized reservoirs, Do I need one of the aysemetrical sized reservoirs since I now have front discs? Item 1 an 2 on this list from rock auto?

1971 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER 7.2L 440cid V8 Master Cylinder | RockAuto

I currently have item 6 on this list.

I installed the Raybestos MC from RockAuto on a 65 Imperial conversion and it worked great. I did install a manual proportioning valve for the rear brakes plus one residual valve and balanced the system for optimal braking. Due to the new higher pressure going to the disks all front brake lines were replaced.

Back