66 plymonth fury 440 hp with 09 charger wheels

shocktrauma

Reaction score
I need lugnuts to fit my wheels to 66 fury drums, are there any aftermarket lug nuts that will fit my wheels to the Fury. Wheels are off of a 09 charger R/T 18x7.5 any information or help would be appreciated. Thank you

Am I wrong in thinking they are two different bolt patterns?

Plus the offset of the later wheels would play havoc with the suspension geometry?

I'm not 100% sure but I would think the bolt pattern would be the same, offset another story. Have you had them on the car yet, even without lugnuts?

I'll say what others are failing to... I think larger than 15" diameter wheels look horrid on older cars. I don't even care if it's a car that I don't care for in the first place, like a Mustang or Camaro. To me, it makes them look like a damn toy off of the K-Mart shelf. Not to mention they ride like $hit and you feel everything that is wrong with the road.

I think your Fury would look good with some 15" Magnum 500s or Torque Thrusts on it. This is an opinion sure, but I've lived and breathed old cars since I was a little kid, and made my living working on them for over 20 years, so it is stuck in my head as to how I think they should look.

I think the larger wheels look fine on a new generation 300 or a Challenger, as they have the larger wheel openings that can accommodate a taller tire, so you have some sidewall left when going to the bigger diameter wheel.

Last edited:
I do agree with you Has2b, I would never put anything larger then 15s on any of my cars but who am I to tell others what they should and shouldn't be putting on there cars. Everybody's got there own things that they like.

Good eye, I must just be a jackass at heart, I don't mean to be a jerk, it just spills out. I did some rephrasing.

I need lugnuts to fit my wheels to 66 fury drums, are there any aftermarket lug nuts that will fit my wheels to the Fury. Wheels are off of a 09 charger R/T 18x7.5 any information or help would be appreciated. Thank you

Not to shock with a positive note after I likely traumatized you with my arrogant opinion, but to answer your question... The studs on your Fury will be 1/2", and the threads on the driver's side will be left hand thread.

You may want to change the driver's side studs to RH thread if you end up needing shanked lugs or anything out of the ordinary that may not be available with the LH thread.

I'm sure we all would like to see some pictures and some details of your car.

Since nobody else wanted to, i did some research.
The 09 Charger wheels have a 115 mm bolt pattern which is a scoche bigger than 4 1/2".
Googling has found many posts that people have attempted to use them using a little "persuasion" but it is generally frowned upon and any tire store worth their salt will refuse to mount them.
That said, plus the offset screwing up the geometry, plus anything over 15" being just plain wrong....
Well, it's up to you.

No sugarcoating on this site.

Definately not for the timid.

pinkbelle_parasol_smallpic.jpg

Last edited:
Not to shock with a positive note after I likely traumatized you with my arrogant opinion, but to answer your question... The studs on your Fury will be 1/2", and the threads on the driver's side will be left hand thread.

You may want to change the driver's side studs to RH thread if you end up needing shanked lugs or anything out of the ordinary that may not be available with the LH thread.

Much better! Eloquently put my friend.:eek:s_dancing2:

Hahaha, you trollop!

I'm not 100% sure but I would think the bolt pattern would be the same, offset another story. Have you had them on the car yet, even without lugnuts?

I did today 5/21/12 I can't figure out how to download the pictures on this website

It's a b body it has rt.hand threads all around
I took pictures 5/21/12 with wheel setting on hub needs very slight milling. I can'tpost the pictures on this site can't figure it out.

It's a b body it has rt.hand threads all around
I took pictures 5/21/12 with wheel setting on hub needs very slight milling.

If your Fury is a '65-'74 it is not a B-body.

At least as far back as my '39 Plymouth pickup through '70 all Mopar/Chrysler products had LH threads on the driver's side, so if it is older than '71 it would have originally had the LH studs.

Also, I trust that Stan actually did the research for you and has stated that the bolt pattern was not a direct match. I suspect your machining comment was to open up the wheel center, but if the bolt pattern is not exact, you risk breaking off studs, or losing lugnuts and possibly killing yourself, or worse, someone else.

There are plenty of ugly aftermarket wheels that will fit your car correctly, so I would suggest that you save your money to go this route and live long enough to enjoy your car.

Last edited:
If your Fury is a '65-'74 it is not a B-body.

Also, I trust that Stan actually did the research for you and has stated that the bolt pattern was not a direct match. I suspect your machining comment was to open up the wheel center, but if the bolt pattern is not exact, you risk breaking off studs, or losing lugnuts and possibly killing yourself, or worse, someone else.

There are plenty of ugly aftermarket wheels that will fit your car correctly, so I would suggest that you save your money to go this route and live long enough to enjoy your car.

I would have to agree with H2B.

I trust that Stan actually did the research for you and has stated that the bolt pattern was not a direct match. I suspect your machining comment was to open up the wheel center, but if the bolt pattern is not exact, you risk breaking off studs, or losing lugnuts and possibly killing yourself, or worse, someone else.

You nailed it!

Since nobody else wanted to, I did some research.
The 09 Charger wheels have a 115 mm bolt pattern which is a scoche bigger than 4 1/2".
Googling has found many posts that people have attempted to use them using a little "persuasion" but it is generally frowned upon and any tire store worth their salt will refuse to mount them.

Last edited:
Back