fuel: gas
odometer: 54000
paint color: red
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: coupe
QR Code Link to This Post
1966 plymouth fury lll 2dr hardtop ,4 speed, 383 v-8 , very little rust. has not been driven on road for 40 years, not run for 20 years . engine IS NOT TIGHT. 54,000 miles

It must be one of those, "Must be seen to believe" cars people are always telling me about.

If I ever get around to wanting a car again I will, even if Dave blackballs me from this site, but I want the correct shifter, not that one in the fury, it looks wrong.

If I ever get around to wanting a car again I will, even if Dave blackballs me from this site, but I want the correct shifter, not that one in the fury, it looks wrong.
I, personally, will assist you should you decide to do it. It would give me great pleasure .

FWIW, I spent months hunting down a NEW Hurst Comp Plus C-body bench seat shifter. Rare? Yahhhhh! I know where there are a couple more. :)

Let's do it. :D

Was this a original 3 on the tree car? I've seen and sat in a number of '65-6 4-speed cars, and this shifter just looks wrong. Also, the floor mat looks like it's been cut to fit - and not a very good job either.

That is a old universal Hurst Indy shifter. It is a good shifter even having the holes predrilled to tap for the stop bolts and make it essentially a completion plus shifter also looks like missing the floor hump.

That is a old universal Hurst Indy shifter. It is a good shifter even having the holes predrilled to tap for the stop bolts and make it essentially a completion plus shifter also looks like missing the floor hump.
Then that would make it a non-factory 4-speed. That's OK, but if it is the case I would expect the seller to so state.

The speedo has been hacked where the PRNDL display would be, no need to do that unless that was an AT speedo.

Was this a original 3 on the tree car? I've seen and sat in a number of '65-6 4-speed cars, and this shifter just looks wrong. Also, the floor mat looks like it's been cut to fit - and not a very good job either.
65 and 66 shifters are different. 65 is Hurst and 66 is Inland.

You beat me to that, 300rag.

Is there an oval tower on the shifter hump hidden under there? who knows, but clearly a rectangular shifter boot bezel, so 70bigblockdodge is probably correct that it's aftermarket.

Engine is a 2-barrel but has an HP manifold on it, so clearly this car is no longer factory original. (esp just to have that manifold anyway)

There's no console, so it was either 3-on-tree (which would've already had a blank-out for the PRNDL) or a column-shift AT. So I'm betting the other side of the steering column, if we could see it, would show a nub from a shifter handle.

Ironically, it would take very little skill to blank-out the AT PRNDL, but would require R&R of the speedo.

That's what the shifter it looks like to me from pics. The hump would make the boot flat it looks to be leaning and curved to floor.
The drivers side exhaust manifold looks to be HP, not 1965

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back