66 plymouth fury turn signal switch

grimley

Reaction score
Hi. Just few questions regarding indicators on my fury.

The indicator stalk stupid wherever I leave it, by this I mean there is no fixed position and if I can leave it anywhere in-between the left indicator, neutral or right indicator. Is this normal? Or should it be like modern cars where the switch has 3 fixed positions rather than an analogue feel?

Also I do have a problem. If I move the stalk all the way to either left or right position my indicators and brake lights work fine. However, if I leave the stalk on the middle of left and neutral position that brake/indicator light will not work at all.

This is causing me issues as if I don't leave the stalk exactly in the middle and it's slightly either side of the neutral position Im driving around without that brake lamp working until I move the stalk back in the middle or push the indicator stalk fully in that direction to activate the lamp.

I'm thinking the turn signal switch is damaged? I'm unfamiliar with how it should work so it's making it hard to diagnose.

the switch is worn out. It has a cam in it that keeps the switch in one position or the other and also will cancel the turn after you turn the wheel. The problem with no brake lights is a bad contact in the switch. Really the only way to fix it is to replace the switch.

Thanks for the feedback guys, i as surprised how expensive the switch is on ebay, but it has to be done.

Thanks

Back