66 Polara quarter panel

RagTop66

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used these? Seems too good to be true.

Dodge Monaco & Polara 65-66 Lower Quarter Panel 2 Door

5CA6FAB3-E74D-4764-A4C4-3BAC8DD5F8F6.png

The panel in the photo does seem to match the contours of the car. Some of the C2C panels don't even look close to what they are supposed to be.

I checked C2C's website and they don't show quarters for '65-'66 full size Dodge, so they must be made by someone else.

I would certainly say that the panel in the photo should be better than making your own from scratch. Of course a good used one would be best, but by the time you factor in shipping, you'd be close to two grand for a quarter from out west these days.

If no one chimes in with experience, then maybe you can be our test subject and give them a try. If they are decent, there's plenty of people here that could use a set on their cars.

Jeff

I checked the NOR/AM website for other C body quarter panels, and the rest of them look a lot like the crummy C2C stuff.

Jeff

I bought a set for my '70 Fury before I knew better. I used them to make patch panels. The wheel well contour was not even close.

The panel in the photo does seem to match the contours of the car. Some of the C2C panels don't even look close to what they are supposed to be.
I checked C2C's website and they don't show quarters for '65-'66 full size Dodge, so they must be made by someone else.

I would certainly say that the panel in the photo should be better than making your own from scratch. Of course a good used one would be best, but by the time you factor in shipping, you'd be close to two grand for a quarter from out west these days.

If no one chimes in with experience, then maybe you can be our test subject and give them a try. If they are decent, there's plenty of people here that could use a set on their cars.

Jeff
I’d be glad to if I knew they would work. Since no one would want to bankroll my experiment, I doubt I’ll be the Ginny pig

Unfortunately there are no quality reproduction panels for C bodies of any year. None. Not one stamped panel available on the planet for any C body.
The hand formed lower quarter panel you are asking about is not worth bothering with. Very crude

So frustrating that they make you think that something will work and then you have to dole out money to find out it’s a huge pile of ****

ya for example the rib profile that runs the entire length of the car won't match their panel..imagine how you would try to blend them together at the door opening to get the lines right, even worse if you you just do a partial panel like just the wheel opening..no way to blend their profile to the original, it would be a total mess. you need to find a donor car , good luck

Back