66 Polara Rear Speaker Grille

TWR

Reaction score
This one has seen better days. Does anyone have a better looking one or a part number?

baz6zu5GFZjHLmkT8Stu-yM7EzRpXfRVu8NQtpfEvcIG57gMdi9GCG9M8-TdXTm5mh38-F3xXvEyHDwB5C=w1307-h635-no.jpg

I managed to find some stainless steel mesh at a local metal shop. I tore out the old one flattened it out and used it as a template to trace and drill holes. I simply cut out the new one with tin shears and pressed it into place.
20180606_224921.jpg

Last edited:
Actually I was in touch with him. The price went up quite a bit since 2015 which is the date of the original post.
He also said the piece wouldn't fit my car.
I got a 24 inch square sheet of mesh for $10 and still have enough for at least 3 more speaker grills.

Sorry I didn't see this.

Your fix looks great, good job.

This would have saved you some time and trouble.

For Sale - Reproduction rear seat speaker grills for 69-71 Chrysler Convertibles and others
Actually I was in touch with him. The price went up quite a bit since 2015 which is the date of the original post.
He also said the piece wouldn't fit my car.
I got a 24 inch square sheet of mesh for $10 and still have enough for at least 3 more speaker grills.
The DIY route paid off! I wouldn't know the difference, I see a handful.of convertibles each year. Now I'll have to start paying attention.

Doesn't the 2 door hardtop have the same setup?

Nope, just the Monaco 500 gets it in the hardtop versions for the Dodges.

Back