66 Polara visited its original dealership

RagTop66

Reaction score
There was supposed to be a car show at the dealership where my car was originally sold. Unfortunately COVID had different plans and caused it to be cancelled. Luck for me, I didn’t know that and made the trip anyway. Weather was cloudy, but I still made the 70 mile trip and had my top down once I knew it wasn’t going to rain. Got to take some cool pics! My car was delivered there in October of ‘65, but I’m not sure when it was actually sold. Overall a great trip!

D3E36118-0B08-423D-A243-355DBF185648.jpeg

64647491-6F7C-40F2-861C-249E59CB9B7C.jpeg

3530658F-FC49-4151-99CA-766EB5DBC50B.jpeg

8335721F-48C4-4FE9-AC8F-3A5175D9282A.jpeg

BFC2DE23-2568-4E23-A0C7-286E11BA256B.jpeg

4933617A-02BD-4A61-8921-BF14B602BA7A.jpeg

F34D1BFC-8EF7-4401-B5CB-D8CDB29E3B60.jpeg

6B990590-189F-4592-834B-04E74CE46FBE.jpeg

That's a great story. Where is that Dealership? I love your car and the license plate.
The dealership is in Robesonia, PA (about 10 miles from Reading, PA). I knew that it was sold there because of the handwritten info in the original owners manual which had the dealership name(L&B Dodge, at the time). It also had my VIN written and the delivery date to the dealership. I’m guessing that it may not have been sold until spring unless it was a car ordered by a customer, as I’m thinking that convertibles weren’t a big seller in the fall.

I found the license plate on eBay and had to snatch it up.

That's awesome, I wish I was able to go to the dealerships where my cars were sold.

The dealership is in Robesonia, PA (about 10 miles from Reading, PA). I knew that it was sold there because of the handwritten info in the original owners manual which had the dealership name(L&B Dodge, at the time). It also had my VIN written and the delivery date to the dealership. I’m guessing that it may not have been sold until spring unless it was a car ordered by a customer, as I’m thinking that convertibles weren’t a big seller in the fall.

I found the license plate on eBay and had to snatch it up.
I would love to know the dealership where my car was sold. I bought it in Detroit but I have no history beyond that. That's great that you have all that information.

Gorgeous Polara 500! I don't know how many were made but I'm sure not many left. Nice that you have some of the history on it too. It is clear that you are taking good care of it and not to nitpick but it appears the left front fender molding should be slid back about 3/4" Only a snoop would notice though.

Gorgeous Polara 500! I don't know how many were made but I'm sure not many left. Nice that you have some of the history on it too. It is clear that you are taking good care of it and not to nitpick but it appears the left front fender molding should be slid back about 3/4" Only a snoop would notice though.
Thanks, I’ll make sure it’s right when I paint it this winter. It may be an optical illusion though. Not sure if it’ll hit the door molding if it’s moved back

Thanks, I’ll make sure it’s right when I paint it this winter. It may be an optical illusion though. Not sure if it’ll hit the door molding if it’s moved back
I think it should be much closer like the right side. If I remember correctly, there are a couple of clips that have nuts on them and the rest are push in clips. The ones with nuts keep the molding from sliding back and forth. You plan on repainting it? If that is original paint, I would leave it alone. Looks great to me.

I think it should be much closer like the right side. If I remember correctly, there are a couple of clips that have nuts on them and the rest are push in clips. The ones with nuts keep the molding from sliding back and forth. You plan on repainting it? If that is original paint, I would leave it alone. Looks great to me.
It’s a Earl Schieb job from the 80’s in original color. There’s some body issues that need to be taken care of too. It’s a 20/20 car. At 20 feet and 20mph it looks really good.

Wow! Most of the Earl Schieb jobs barely made it home before having issues. They must have done a good job on yours. Anyway, Good luck with it and thanks for posting.

The trim spear is just a little far forward. It should just slide back.

Back