66 rear parcel shelf

darth_linux

Reaction score
I took what’s left of my parcel shelf out today to take some measurements and thought I’d share. Does anyone know what these metal square tabs are for? I’m going to make a new one and wasn’t sure if I needed to put these on or throw them in the trash.

FB60B7C4-B9E8-4CF1-B193-229BCF02956B.jpeg

60975CC8-8666-4ABB-AC86-DD86F7A5B82F.jpeg

I'd keep them till you're absolutely sure that you don't need them, you'll regret trashin them only to find out that you do need them later and you you'll never find them to replace. Good Luck

Are they holders for push in clips to retain the board?
Something like a door panel clip slides in them.

what’s is on the top side of them?

Got some foam board from Hobby Lobby. I’ll add some 1/2” carpet backer to the bottom and some speaker fabric over the holes and I’ve got a new parcel shelf. Not as rigid as fiberboard, but let’s be honest - it’s not there to hold stuff lol

AB9B25AD-CC70-47F2-BBF4-0B2A8FB8EF0F.jpeg

70AAABA2-A05E-477F-B1D8-4F0DF40F6655.jpeg

Yeah, I messed up the speaker hole on the right. A little speaker fabric and no one will know . . .

Last edited:
Got some foam board from Hobby Lobby. I’ll add some 1/2” carpet backer to the bottom and some speaker fabric over the holes and I’ve got a new parcel shelf. Not as rigid as fiberboard, but let’s be honest - it’s not there to hold stuff lol

View attachment 583567

View attachment 583568

Yeah, I messed up the speaker hole on the right. A little speaker fabric and no one will know . . .
Back in the day I used to sleep on those things during long trips!

Back