66 Sport Fury door mirrors

C.Body

Reaction score
Does the 66 Sport Fury outside door mirrors have one single post or 2 skinnier posts? Anyone have a pic? Thanks...

Manual mirrors had 2 posts, with a pebble grain finish detail in the posts, and a Pentastar on the back of the mirror casting. 2 post repros have both pebble grain and smooth finish version.

Remote mirrors had a single post arrangement.

Pic shown of the passenger side mate to the remote mirror.

I don't have an easy to find pic of a twin post mirror right now...

20200423_125932.jpg

Thank you Sir. Since I am a Mopar newbie I guess I’ll write this one off to “shoulda asked first” and do with what I got. When I was looking I had inadvertently changed my search engine from Duck Duck go to Google. I get much more honest hits from DDG than counting hits Google. Only available at the time was from a restoration parts place that has a decent reputation and only 2 mirrors left. Taiwan repop Manual mirror that is single post that looks kinda like a remote does @ $120+ Each. Now of course 3 days later there are probably 10 ads for same looking Offshore mirrors for ~$70 a pair.

Have you tried ebay? I found the right side mirror shown in the photo several years ago there. Also a shop is parting out a 66 that may have what you want. Search for 66 chrysler.

Have you tried ebay? I found the right side mirror shown in the photo several years ago there. Also a shop is parting out a 66 that may have what you want. Search for 66 chrysler.
Yes Sir. Thank you, I will look. eBay is where I got the ones I got. Thing about eBay is they are in the market of making money not really saving you money. You have to shop and compare and use different search engines to really find a bargain. I usually do but this time I got suckered in by the “last 2 available” trick and google did not show me any more mirrors. If I had changed to DuckDuckGo I would have seen 3 more pages of. Mirrors available at 1/2 the price. Quality was probably the same as any offshore, just price was double. IMO Google is not your friend, but it never really claimed to be..

Back