WANTED 66 steering adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimley

Reaction score
Contact seller
Sorry I'm not exactly sure what the part is called.

It's basically the adaptor that slides on the steering great box input shaft and connects to the flange of the steering coupler.

I've highlighted the parts in after in the attached picture.

I hope it makes sense.
Thanks

photostudio_1458102480011.jpg

Sorry I'm not exactly sure what the part is called.

It's basically the adaptor that slides on the steering great box input shaft and connects to the flange of the steering coupler.

I've highlighted the parts in after in the attached picture.

I hope it makes sense.
Thanks
What's wrong with the one you have?

It's called the "steering coupler" or could be referred by other names. When describing it, you would refer to it as the "steering coupler joint/shaft" that attaches in between the steering box Worm Gear and the Rubber Rag Joint (looks like a hockey puck). Age & heat from the exhaust mani has probably produced cracks/splits in the rubber so I'd advise to replace it. They're hard to find and expensive as they're ONLY available in NOS - NO aftermarket mfg. There's a seller on ebay who's got qty 10 and selling them for $199.95. I was fortunate enough to get one also on ebay a couple months ago for $55 - just at the right place at the right time.

Okay - 66TC is telling you about the rubber coupler at the bottom of the steering column that connects the upper and lower shafts. Is this the only part missing? (I had interpreted your needs as the lower steering shaft that goes from, but not including, the rubber coupler and the "pot" on the steering gear input. And if I'm right, did you also misplace the "pot" or did you just pull the shaft out of it?

EDIT: Snapped a pic to show the shaft I mean - this isn't correct for yours but meant to clarify your need.

DSCN4024.JPG

Last edited:
steel rubber made them for me glass man i also am selling all my 66 polar 500 parts . bumpers grills brackets molding tail lights bundle at good value . glass man [email protected] 352-795-7146

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back