66 Town and Country emblem

Critter

Reaction score
IMG_0158.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG
IMG_0161.JPG
IMG_0162.JPG
IMG_0163.JPG
After searching for months for a rear quarter panel emblem on eBay and with part numbers, I finally decided to try and have one made. I was cruising the wagon on a Friday afternoon a few weeks back, and passing a graphics design place, pulled in. Talked to the gentleman at the front desk and brought him outside to show him the one emblem I do have on the car. I think he was excited by the challenge so I pulled of my emblem from the car there in the parking lot so he could scan into his computer.
He called a couple weeks later and said he had something he thought I could work with. I was pleasantly surprised by what he showed me. I had two of them made and it only cost me $50. While it's not exact, being that they are on opposite sides of the car, I feel no one will notice unless I point it out.
I cleaned up both chrome bases and repainted. Epoxied in the original insert, and glued in the new one. I was going to try and pour epoxy over the top of the new insert to protect it and give it the look of the original, but just sprayed a few coats of clear enamel over it instead. My thought was that if and when I do find an original badge insert, it will be easier to pull out my home made one. So, the hunt will go on. That is part of the fun, right?

Would he be willing to make more?

The ones on my wagon are currently OK, and I have one NOS one stashed, but I would be interested having a few spares, and in trying the epoxy-over idea if required.

Nice thinking. When you can't find it, make it, if at all possible.

Back