66 Town and Country emblem

Mopar Wagons

1. Critter

Critter New Member

IMG_0158.JPG IMG_0159.JPG IMG_0161.JPG IMG_0162.JPG IMG_0163.JPG After searching for months for a rear quarter panel emblem on eBay and with part numbers, I finally decided to try and have one made. I was cruising the wagon on a Friday afternoon a few weeks back, and passing a graphics design place, pulled in. Talked to the gentleman at the front desk and brought him outside to show him the one emblem I do have on the car. I think he was excited by the challenge so I pulled of my emblem from the car there in the parking lot so he could scan into his computer.
    He called a couple weeks later and said he had something he thought I could work with. I was pleasantly surprised by what he showed me. I had two of them made and it only cost me $50. While it's not exact, being that they are on opposite sides of the car, I feel no one will notice unless I point it out.
    I cleaned up both chrome bases and repainted. Epoxied in the original insert, and glued in the new one. I was going to try and pour epoxy over the top of the new insert to protect it and give it the look of the original, but just sprayed a few coats of clear enamel over it instead. My thought was that if and when I do find an original badge insert, it will be easier to pull out my home made one. So, the hunt will go on. That is part of the fun, right?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ross Wooldridge

Ross Wooldridge Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

Would he be willing to make more?

The ones on my wagon are currently OK, and I have one NOS one stashed, but I would be interested having a few spares, and in trying the epoxy-over idea if required.

3. LocuMob

LocuMob Fluid Technician with a hat FCBO Gold Member

Nice thinking. When you can't find it, make it, if at all possible.

4. TNT_wagon

TNT_wagon New Member

Looks good!