67 300 440 Intake Question

Cortez

Reaction score
I am adding a Quick Fuel 750 to my stock 440 manifold and going with the electric choke, how do I block off the heated choke? Is there a block off kit available?

20180402_135047.jpg

On the earlier manifolds, like before the earlier '70s, the choke thermostat well is solid on the bottom. An integral part of the manifold casting. So no action is needed other than to remove the thermostat itself.

On the later ones with the stainless steel cup and related gasket, that would need a block-off plate, I believe, or leave the stainless steel cup in place, also.

CBODY67

On the earlier manifolds, like before the earlier '70s, the choke thermostat well is solid on the bottom. An integral part of the manifold casting. So no action is needed other than to remove the thermostat itself.

On the later ones with the stainless steel cup and related gasket, that would need a block-off plate, I believe, or leave the stainless steel cup in place, also.

CBODY67

20180902_125856.jpg

I think it's just an closed hole once the choke spring is removed so there would be no need to block it off.

On the earlier models, the top picture, the thermostat sits in a well. On the single plane, the choke "tower" is also cast into the manifold side, to mount the choke and the electric assist heater.

On the generation of intakes between those two, they opened the well to the edges, then used a stainless steel cup and gasket to mount the thermostat in. In order to get the choke "off" sooner. The stainless steel would heat much sooner, which heated the well the thermostat was in, sooner than it would take the cast iron to get warm. The stainless steel cup can be left in place, IF it's that version of the manifold. A soft gasket seals it to the manifold.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back