67 300 440 Intake?

Cortez

Reaction score
What is this part called on the rear of the intake with a small tube with a vacuum hose to the brake booster?

15552567805573451079249780865030.jpg

Power Brake Booster Vacuum fitting? Do you need one because the little fitting is busted? Is that piece missing? You can drill that out to a larger size and with a blob of JB Weld, it can be repaired. AMHIK

It needs replced i sorta mangled the tube pulling the dry rotted hose off.

Unless you're going for exact correctness, almost any Chrysler B/RB power brake vacuum fitting, with "one branch" of the correct vacuum line size, will do. Salvage yard is a good place to look. Plus the "HELP!" rack at the auto supply.

The small vacuum line runs the hvac system actuators.

Next time, if you have a reluctant-to-release vacuum line, use a sharp knife and put a short slit lengthwise in the hose, where it doesn't want to come off. After that, use a pair of pliers and twist the hose to break it loose, then remove it. Cut the slit area off so you can hopefully re-use the hose. Maybe soak it in some rubber lube for good measure, to hopefully soften it up a bit?

CBODY67

Update got the intake back from blasting and ready to paint do i use hi temp primer and then paint or just paint since it is iron?

20190418_102130.jpg

I have vht hi temp engine enamel they also sell a primer but i read for iron no primer but it was a really old post

Might spray it down with brake cleaner to remove any oils and such before painting. The paint around the heat riser passage will be the first to burn off. Hi-Temp paint might help delay that.

One guy claimed to have good results by using hi-temp primer first, then putting the main color on the motor, to delay/decrease "the burned area" over the crossover passage.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back