WANTED 67 300 Power seats parts wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camshaft

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Down to final bits and bites on the 300 Drop top, only a year behind schedule! All engine compartment wiring done, under dash done. Getting ready to fire her up next week!
When powered up, we ran through tests on convertible top, works, lights, radio, reverb!!, antenna, perfect!, windows yeah! power seats, aaahhhhh not so much! Pulled the bucket seats, bench tested all. The passenger seat is ok, pretty slow, but the driver side, she not want to move at all. PT says that the solenoid pack (2 out of 3 at least) is burnt out. Does anyone out there have or know how I might source some of this stuff? I know there was some parts for sale a short while ago on the forum, but looks like they are sold. Also, can anyone tell me if the power seat mechanisms are similar between 66 and 68, and is the Imperial unit the same as the 300?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Cam Shaft

Hey Cam, all are interchangeable from ‘66-‘68 including Imperial. I have a bunch of complete power bases including working units and ones for parts.

Matt, I sent a note to Paul, who is doing the electrical work on the 300. He says that the "solenoid packs" are burnt out. Each seat has 3 and they can be replaced individually. Do you have those? If so, I would need 6 I guess? Cam

Matt, I sent a note to Paul, who is doing the electrical work on the 300. He says that the "solenoid packs" are burnt out. Each seat has 3 and they can be replaced individually. Do you have those? If so, I would need 6 I guess? Cam
It might take me a few days to go through and test them. I can’t part out working units so I’ll have to isolate the solenoids of non working bases.

Paul says my bases and motors are good, he will clean up, lube and grease them. So best bet for me would be just to get the solenoids, I think, unless you have complete working units for a great price!
BTW, I got the vacuum cannister and trunk release button about an hour ago. Just getting the cannister cleaned up to paint. Thanks, looks good. Cam

Paul says my bases and motors are good, he will clean up, lube and grease them. So best bet for me would be just to get the solenoids, I think, unless you have complete working units for a great price!
BTW, I got the vacuum cannister and trunk release button about an hour ago. Just getting the cannister cleaned up to paint. Thanks, looks good. Cam
Shipping would probably be pricey for whole bases so let me check for good solenoid packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back