67' 300 side pipes, yay or nay

Cortez

Reaction score
thinking of putting these Patriot Side pipes on my gal, w
s-l1600.jpg
hat are your thoughts?

Since you’re asking, absolutely not.

I wouldn't. They look good on a Corvette or A/C Cobra but that is about it. My preference is dual exhaust to the rear bumper with the ends turned down. Also, after awhile, you probably would get tired of hearing the exhaust rumble just behind your left ear. Just my opinion though.

1) Your car will not be legal for use in the EU because of fire-risks to sidewalk cafés.

2) The additional 50-feet of pipe that would trail your '67 300, should you add 67' side pipes, would not be attractive.

3) Side pipes are a net horsepower loss because of the 90* angle so close to the collector.

4) All of that said, I think a '67 300 is at least era and model correct for side pipes. It is reversible and I could think of worse mods. I'd rather see those on a '67 300 than Doc's '73 Imperial!

I think they would look cool.

As I have said many times, it's your car; do with it as you wish and to Hell with what we think.

They’d look much better on an Impala scraping along the pavement.

If you do get them make sure you get the longer ones.
I put them on a 66 impala and didn't realize that they came in different lengths and I ended up with the short ones and I was not pleased with the look.
Other wise I do like the look and sound. I had a pair on a 64 Riviera back in High school and they were definitely cool.
Its your ride, personalize it to your taste, If you you don't like them you can always take them off

It's your car..do as you wish. I was never a fan of sidepipes of ant kind myself. Whatever makes YOU happy!

Back