67' 300 side pipes, yay or nay

I never cared for side pipes even back when they were popular in the sixties and seventies. They rattled and rusted fast, usually leaked and looked like crap, often breaking their cheap hangers.

Now, many years after they fell out of style, they really look cheesy.

Cars are like clothes... Some "looks" come into fashion and go out again and like clothes, there are fashions that looked ridiculous even when they were popular.

IMHO, side pipes are the platform shoes of the automotive world.

Of course, the last time I pointed out that a "look" was out of fashion, I got told "FU", so what do I know?

There’s a guy on Facebook with a Chrysler slab & side pipes. If I find his pics & share on here for you to see.

Yep that’s it. I think it sold.
The guy that did buy it had a mullett,Gold chain with big medallion, Jordache stonewashed jeans and a Polyester shirt.
The car needs sex lights either top corners of inside windshield or down low by kick panels.
Oh yeah.... and the required dingo balls all around the edge of the headliner.

The guy that did buy it had a mullett,Gold chain with big medallion, Jordache stonewashed jeans and a Polyester shirt.
The car needs sex lights either top corners of inside windshield or down low by kick panels.
Oh yeah.... and the required dingo balls all around the edge of the headliner.
Haha. True

I must also add to the negative vote, sorry. But if you do it, always wear long jeans. My brother-in-law had them on his '67 vette and those suckers get really hot. So when you get out of the car don't touch them, and warn your passengers too!

All this " it's your car " BS is just that, BS. If you saw it on the street with side pipes most would mock it. The original poster already knows it is his car as in if it was yours, asking for opinions.

All this " it's your car " BS is just that, BS. If you saw it on the street with side pipes most would mock it. The original poster already knows it is his car as in if it was yours, asking for opinions.

bingo.jpg

People who put on sidepipes because they think it's retro cool aren't even old enough to know their proper place.
Goes for Lake Pipes, too.

People who put on sidepipes because they think it's retro cool aren't even old enough to know their proper place.
Goes for Lake Pipes, too.

Definitely. . . Lake pipes / side pipes don't look right on anything but a 1950 Mercury lowered about four inches, running full-disk spun aluminum moons.

Last edited:

Then "most" are assholes...lol. That's why these cars are disappearing.

He asked "hat are your thoughts?" I don't like hats. But I can respect expression of personality, whether or not I would duplicate it.

Two things to think about with side pipes:

1. Burnt legs.

2. Exhaust coming in open windows.

My 4DSD had dual exhaust dumps just in front of the rear wheels when I bought it. The mufflers were just shy of straight pipes, way too loud for my taste.

With the rear windows open, I would get gassed out pretty quickly at stop lights.

If you still want to research it further, try mocking up something or photoshopping to get a clue of what you'll end up with before altering anything.

Hope the input helps.

John

With the rear windows open, I would get gassed out pretty quickly at stop lights.
I had not thought of that. However, when my son removes the header caps on his Gremlin and drives it, that problem does not happen, and the dump is right by the front door. Interesting.

Nay. In my opinion, the only Mopar sidepipes look good on is the "Little Red Express" truck

Back