67 300 w440...hey guys what's this called

Cortez

Reaction score
Hey fellas this lil switch is spitting oil it is right back by the firewall and has a simple wire attached to it...thanks a million guys

1526831023845757246322.jpg

"Sending units" can be of two types.

"Sensor" is a variable resistance unit for variable voltage to run a gauge. Many have a large, bell-shaped section with the electrical connector at the top.
"Switch" is either "on" or "off", to run an indicator light.

CBODY67

Lol thanks guys...i have one on hold to grab in the morning. .8 bucks to stop an oily geyser...sheesh

Ok, so is that part available aftermarket or is it a OEM item???? :)
OEM type unit. Easily available from aftermarket sources and I'm sure there's some overpriced NOS boxes out there (that may or may not have an actual, never used Mopar part in them) but it wouldn't surprise me if you could still buy it over the counter at your Mopar dealer.

They often start leaking and IMHO, a lot of rear seals have been replaced unnecessarily because of them dribbling oil down around the bellhousing.

Remember, when you clean off that "additional oil", the underlying metal that the oil coating protected will THEN be prone to rust with its protective oil layer removed. Also don't forget to dispose of any run-off fluids related to the oil removal be disposed of in environmentally appropriate manners.

Enjoy and be careful with any high pressure water "sprays" as they hit surfaces that reflect them back onto YOU . . . if you don't dodge them quickly. Be brave and wear protective glasses.

CBODY67

Those take a special socket don't they? I seem to remember having to make an extra trip to the parts store.

Back